LegacyGT.com

HD Bilsteins from Tirerack

jagcars26

+1 , and there's no sagging rear if you use STI pink springs.

sort of. the car should be flat if you use the correct springs. but the JDM pinks do lower the rear more than twice as much as the front. plus it looks like it's sagging because of how the fenders are cut.

I just got off the phone with Jeremy at Fred Bean Subaru to order the front specB strut tops and dust caps only and was intending to buy the Bilsteins from Tirerack.

I'll just say I'm getting the tops,dust caps and the Bilstiens from Fred Bean:D So don't count Jeremy out when pricing the Bilsteins out as a stand alone item.;)

Now all I need are the butt shims and the longer rear studs and I'm good to go.

Thanks to all who helped in this thread.

Jeremy is the man and he setup me very nicely with the same setup. I put them on my 05 wagon with stock shocks. Very nice ride...for me & my wife.

Cheers,

Mike

sort of. the car should be flat if you use the correct springs. but the JDM pinks do lower the rear more than twice as much as the front. plus it looks like it's sagging because of how the fenders are cut.

Post some pics of your car. I'm using Tein H in rear and Tein Stech in the front to help even it out. I'd like to go to a better spring thats JDM specific. Just wondering if it will sit similar to what it is now.

Jeremy is the man and he setup me very nicely with the same setup. I put them on my 05 wagon with stock shocks. Very nice ride...for me & my wife.

Cheers,

Mike

Wait. You've got the Bils with stock springs? How are those working? You need to write a review!! ;)

Post some pics of your car. I'm using Tein H in rear and Tein Stech in the front to help even it out. I'd like to go to a better spring thats JDM specific. Just wondering if it will sit similar to what it is now.

i don't have any pics. but i can tell you for sure if you put JDM pinks on the front will be higher than what you have now. the JDM pinks only lower the front a little (~1/2") when used with the bilsteins, but the rear gets lowered > 1". the car does appear to sag but its mostly an optical illusion caused by the larger fender gap up front.

edit: my car looks like this:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44794

I have a 05 Wagon 5EAT with Bilstein HD's (from TR) with STI Pinks. The Pinks are a wagon specific set ( rears are different) and I don't see any sagging at all.

Overall it is a huge improvement and I was particularly pleased with the ride even when loaded up with 3 people+luggage

I also have Cusco's F/R and AVO offset caster kit. The caster kit really fixed the poor directional stability at the straight-ahead - but I would say the trade-off is some reduction in front grip.

Though the car sits flat - my real complaint is handling balance - there is still very persistent initial understeer - poor turn-in. Makes it very hard to judge how much 'wheel' is required for a corner as you are always double-guessing the front-end. Once settled and committed to a line it is fine. Maybe that is a fact of life with a 4WD car...

I agree with Rexster,I recently installed the Bilstiens and pinks on my wagon and the rear does sag just a tad.Sometimes I notice it, sometimes I don't.:spin:

I have the rear 1/4 inch spacers and I'm trying to make time to put them in before I get the car alighned.

BTW,,I'm lovin the new setup.:)

Wait. You've got the Bils with stock springs? How are those working? You need to write a review!! ;)

Review in the works...I'm waiting to put a final one together after I get my alignment today.

But for me, stock springs & Bils...:wub:

Also, just let me know when you want to go for a drive.

Cheers,

Mike

I also have Cusco's F/R and AVO offset caster kit. The caster kit really fixed the poor directional stability at the straight-ahead - but I would say the trade-off is some reduction in front grip.

Though the car sits flat - my real complaint is handling balance - there is still very persistent initial understeer - poor turn-in. Makes it very hard to judge how much 'wheel' is required for a corner as you are always double-guessing the front-end. Once settled and committed to a line it is fine. Maybe that is a fact of life with a 4WD car...

I'll bet that would change if you put your stock FSB back on and kept the Cusco RSB.

Archived