LegacyGT.com

Just because Subaru is percieved as gay friendly does not mean they will buy!

ABPillinois

I've known women to pass up Foresters because of the lesbian stigma. What's funny is that the previous generation was almost 50/50 male/female. And the new one has a majority of male buyers.

However, VW has a gay stigma, especially with the Jetta. That doesn't seem to stop metrosexuals, and Apple shoppers from buying them.

Good luck getting on getting SOA's marketing team fired. Subaru won automotive marketer of the year last year as well as individual ad awards.

Yep, I'm a homo and I drive a Subaru. Way too many people try and connect gays to certain brands though, it just doesn't work. I've also had a VW GTI. Oh and yes, I use Apple products (the VW/Apple thing does seem true, I think it's the whole "niche" market thing.) Tons of college students are using Apples now. Looking around my classes, Apples seem to take the majority of laptops in them.

<snip>Gay men put their highest priority on Styling and then consider Price, Fuel Economy, Body Style and the Availability of the Latest Technology.<snip>

I think I see the problem.......

-- Steve

Styling yes, but I differ from the rest. Performance, handling, fun to drive factor and mod ability were the rest on my list. I'm also a minority in the gay world. I find most don't know squat about cars, let alone attend track days.

Nooo!! Let them stay with Toyota and Volkswagon!! Don't touch my Subaru!!!!

I sincerely hope this was a light-hearted joke of a comment.

If not, you and I have some issues to deal with.:mad:

I sincerely hope this was a light-hearted joke of a comment.

If not, you and I have some issues to deal with.:mad:

Yea, I posted my response right under his and read it after the fact. Hopefully it was just a thoughtless tasteless joke. If not, Hi hater!

Theyw anted to see if you were cool

You aren't

It isn't a "gay" thing it is an "awesome" thing

My Mom says I'm cool!

I'll definitely go the wagon route in the future, but I'm still single and unfortunately the wagon doesn't make the girlies' hearts a flutter like I would like.

I'll have to lure them in and then get a wagon, muahahaha

At least I'll know what fun things to try if she ends up liking the wagon ;)

hahahaha

Ah stereotyping is fun

RJS - People who like Legacy GTs seem to be a minority in general ;)

Archived