LegacyGT.com

Subaru Stohlman Servicing

ssaldana

I've taken my LGT for its first oil change and the 7500 mile service. Those guys are professional, fast, and reliable.

My headlights were not functioning correctly and the mechanics over at Stohlman were able to determine that the low output from the headlamps were due to a bad ground somewhere under the hood. They fixed the problem and completed my 7500 mile service within 2 hrs.

I highly recommend this dealership for servicing and warranty work.

Those guys are professional, fast, and reliable.

I highly recommend this dealership for servicing and warranty work.

I strongly disagree, unless they are under new ownership now. :(

They were anything but the things you stated above when dealing with them for buying our WRX wagon and subsequent service. They scratched the tint, left metal shavings on the seats (very hard to remove from WRX seats) and ruined the exhaust by backing it over a curb. :mad: Of course, we ended up taking care of everything at our expense, despite putting in calls to the GM and owner.

I had a co-worker who left and went to work there as a service writer a few years back and left a few months saying how horrible a place it was.

As with all things, YMMV.

Yeah I'm speaking from a basic oil change and the small warranty work. Take it for what its worth I guess.

We all should post our experiences at dealerships in the Mid-A more frequently by the way.

Gary, the veteran sales guy there at Stohlman, called and ripped my fiance when she gave him a bad survey after they bait and switched her on the financing. He said 'you cost me $1000!!'. :eek: Pretty unprofessional - I would have been fired if I did that to one of my customers.

those dealer surveys are so fvcked up! my wife and my mother and I have all bought new cars in the past year, each time the dealer pretty much demanded we give them 100% ratings (mini, mazda, and subaru, respectively). As much as I liked Peter, my salesguy, none of these places approaches perfect and I'm damned if they will pressure me into saying so.
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

I second the service at Stohlman. They suck. they say they'll take car of a problem and they never call you back. (personal experience). good sales experience with my wife's VW though.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I got even. I went in to Stohlman awhile later and dealt with Gary.......baited him into a sale. He didn't remember me from the WRX sale to my fiance. Spent about two hours with him on a busy Saturday.....test drives, asking questions (he knew little, even though he was one of the vets). Got to the point in the sale where he sent me to finance and then I told him I had second thoughts and asked him to get the sales mgr. I told them I would never buy a car from an ass like Gary again and relayed his behavior after the previous sale and walked out on them. He was PO'ed beyond belief and stood there speechless.

To quote my dad "I don't get mad, I get even" :)

Archived