LegacyGT.com

Adjusting the location of the mufflers?

Mindspin311

So I put on my turboback yesterday that comprised of an Invidia catted DP, Perrin Mid/Y and Prodrive mufflers.

Well, the passenger side muffler is positioned perfectly, but the drivers side sits lower. Is there any way of bringing it back up into position?

the exhaust hangers being the black rubber things the pipes are hanging from. wrap a clamp around it and tighten and it will make them squeeze together and raise the exhaust.

my borla was hanging low, and I bought the rallitek exhaust hangers and now it is tucked in beautifully...cost me like $25 for a set

mine was like that as well, though they were both low. the driver's side was hanging lower than the passenger side. they are REALLY easy to get to if you're just going to put clamps around them...two are basically attached to the cans (by some metal arms that extend off the cans) and one is near the Y pipe.

they are a bitch to take off, though. I didn't do it. attempted to by hand but it wasnt happening. when got my stage 2 parts put on I had him do the bushings too, had some neat little tool to pop them off (after lubing them up with wd40 or something of the sort)

Archived