LegacyGT.com

Tunning Alliance E - Tune

RdiggA

I had asked Mickeyd2005 to post up my log on the Airboy Spreadsheet just to get a ballpark of what kind of power my car was making. Im Stage 2 with the following mods on an 07 5MT: Perrin TMIC, Catless TBE and AEM CAI with a Tunning Alliance E - Tune. Im in NY about 20 min from the city, about 1,200 Ft above sea level. Its about 48 degrees outside and a little rainy. Hopefully later this week before i change to OS i will pust up another chart of my car w/o the tune to see what kind of power the tune gave me. Enjoy.

romraiderlog_20090406_155753.csv

I used gearing ratio of 1.448 for 3rd and 3.90 for final gear ratio. I don't know if this is correct for the 2007 LGT but that's what I got from cars101.

I get 250 whp and 300 ft-lb of torque but there is a weird dip in power between 4000 and 4500 rpm. Since you did a log of JUST rpm, the resolution is really good so that dip in power is real.

Next log, you should log MRP and total timing and knock correction advance. I don't think knock sum is available for the 2007 LGT 5MT yet.

untitled.JPG.1a93f06af5629fa337715fabf7f29646.JPG

i'll try to pull the log on my way to work tomorrow. But it seems that when i connect the Tactrix cable to my car, the Knock Correction Advance option dissappears. I will try again in the morning and post it up in the evening. Here is a log i pulled a few days back with everything except Knock Correction Advance because it wasnt an option for me to select.

romraiderlog_20090326_165708.csv

Well i tried to pull the log this morning and when i start RR i have the option of Knock Correction Advance, but once RR and the ECU connect, it dissappears. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Knock Correction Advance is an SSM parameter. Subaru removed it from 2007+ cars so it no longer exists as an SSM parameter. Some loggers use a pseudo KC by combining other data elements.

Just log total timing.

merchgod has a copy of the stock 2007 LGT 5MT rom. Hopefully, in the next romraider ecu logger update, he will add knock sum to the 2007 LGT 5MT data parameters.

Knock Correction Advance is an SSM parameter. Subaru removed it from 2007+ cars so it no longer exists as an SSM parameter. Some loggers use a pseudo KC by combining other data elements.

Just log total timing.

merchgod has a copy of the stock 2007 LGT 5MT rom. Hopefully, in the next romraider ecu logger update, he will add knock sum to the 2007 LGT 5MT data parameters.

If the ECU supports knock sum and the ECU is already supported by RomRaider, then it will already have knock sum in the logger defs. 07 LGT does. On the cars that don't have knock correction advance, I add it in as an extended parameter. So the fact that this guy has neither means either that his particular ROM revision has never been submitted and is not supported or he is using old defs. Or the tuner jacked with ECU ID.

My ROM has been submitted by infamous1, i was told that you had to define it because i have the 07 5MT and that wasnt defined yet. I hope Tunning Alliance didnt mess with my ECU ID:confused:.

Also for mickeyd here is my log of Total Timing and MRP. It was taken at about 38 degrees if that makes any difference.

romraiderlog_20090408_064739.csv

If the ECU supports knock sum and the ECU is already supported by RomRaider, then it will already have knock sum in the logger defs. 07 LGT does. On the cars that don't have knock correction advance, I add it in as an extended parameter. So the fact that this guy has neither means either that his particular ROM revision has never been submitted and is not supported or he is using old defs. Or the tuner jacked with ECU ID.

I don't think the 07 LGT 5MT is currently supported. I think this is OP.

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic4625.html

Also for mickeyd here is my log of Total Timing and MRP. It was taken at about 38 degrees if that makes any difference.

You need to log total timing.

The boost curve explains the dip in your power curve. Notice that between time 2792 and 3260 milliseconds that you are hitting boost > 18.43 psi. This is a lot of boost for the VF40/VF46. This explains the large amount of torque that you are getting.

After the overboost, the WGDC winds down and you under boost slightly between time 3400 and 3525 milliseconds. This probably corresponds to the dip in power that you saw in the dyno plot.

so how can i log Total Timing, thats not a choice of my definitions either and i have the most recent updates on my computer, is this because the ROM is not defined yet too? And what can i log to show what my actual boost is?

Your ECU is not supported yet since it was submitted after the last update. So, you will not have any of RomRaider's extended parameters until the next update. You'll only be able to log the standard parameters that apply to your ECU.

I don't see any obvious signs of knock. There still might be knock but it's not obvious. The best parameter to log will be knock sum.

The lumpiness of the timing at low rpm could be due to the map. It's not necessarily knock. Even if it was knock, it's not too dangerous at low rpm and low boost.

untitled.JPG.71cac9afdfb01f7386fbc87d60d9d9fb.JPG

The road used to log could also cause some wacky lumpiness in the road dyno curve.

When you log only rpm, it won't cause a dip like that unless there was a substantial dip in the road.

It's pretty clear from the boost curve what caused the dip. On occasion, he overboosts and then the WGDC gets wound down and the boost dips. You can see it in some of the boost logs.

Your turbo went past target boost as defined in your map. Would this be because TD was not dialed in correctly as well as too much boost for his elevation?...BTW...20 mins from NYC and your elevation is 1200?? Are you in the Catskills??
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived