LegacyGT.com

No joy on getting a 2nd Leggy, but o well!

Flamebo

I just got my car on Friday... I wanted a Leggy 2.5GT before, but my mom won't let me because she said that she doesn't want both cars to have hood scoop (too aggressive, blah chinese moms..). So I went with the A4 B6 Ultra Sport in MT instead, it actually cost more than the Legacy GT.. but like my dad said.. money is not the problem for my mom as long as she likes it.. It was a pain getting her to be ok with the black colour as well *since she considers it aggresive as well*:( :( I will definitely not get the speed that I would get from my dad's XT, but o well at least I can still drive it!*

Anyways here come the pictures, we just cleaned out the garage today and were able to fit both cars in! :):lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/Flamebo/P1010138.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/Flamebo/P1010130.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/Flamebo/P1010133.jpg

Check out the height difference! this pic is kinda dark though.. blah!

if money is no problem why didn't you get a S4? unless she finds the S4-only mirrors too aggresive..

S4 is like beyond both my mom and my dads budget hehe the original budget was around 38K=P maybe if we only needed one car then the S4 would work haha!! *I would go with a Turbo charged car with 280HP or something rather than a 300+ NA car* Actually around half a year ago my dad was actually thinking of buying me a 2nd hand B5 S4, but it has bad record on it so my dad decided not to get it afterall. But IMO I think for the price of a Legacy GT it would be bang on bucks than my A4 right now... switching from 250 to 170 kinda sucks but o well! Like I said I still get to drive my parent's car since I gotta familiarize myself to MT. But the Leggy still owns! even though I wouldn't get to own one for myself!

S4 is like beyond both my mom and my dads budget hehe the original budget was around 38K

Gee kid... must be nice....:rolleyes: Although I'd definitely take it if my parents would've given me that option back then....

But, just as another poster said earlier in the thread, you shouldn't come on a public forum and start off with "My mom..."

Gee kid... must be nice....:rolleyes: Although I'd definitely take it if my parents would've given me that option back then....

But, just as another poster said earlier in the thread, you shouldn't come on a public forum and start off with "My mom..."

hehe sorry guys.. no more mentioning about my mom! lol.. Anyways don't forget the 38K is in Canadian dollars not USD =P But Subarus are definitely more expensive here in Canada than in the States!

Haha, what a funny story. I don't want to turn this into a nationality thread, but with Asian parents, I can see why your parents think like that.

Good choice with the car though. I really wanted a Denim Blue A4 1.8T before I found out about the Legacy. Are you going to chip it (GIAC or something)?

-ben

This guy's mom bought him an Audi and he's bitching about it?!?

Spoiled brat.

Hey man he wanted a Legacy. No need to call him a spoiled brat. If you were given the oppurtunity you would have done the same. Congrats on the car!! At least you got the color you wanted.

He is a spoiled brat. I would have not complained if mom insisted on buying me an Audi instead of a Subaru.

I especially like his subtle way of telling us his parents have too much money.

Hey man he wanted a Legacy. No need to call him a spoiled brat. If you were given the oppurtunity you would have done the same. Congrats on the car!! At least you got the color you wanted.

+1.

it's useless to get jealous.

This Space For Rent

This guy's mom bought him an Audi and he's bitching about it?!?

Spoiled brat.

No I think she bought herself an Audi. But since he is spoiled enough to drive his parent's cars, he was trying to push her towards the LGT.

I think he got a good deal though. He gets to drive an Audi and he does not have to worry about maintaining it!

Personally I would never let my kid drive an LGT, way too dangerous, especially if you throw his friend into the mix. I know, I was a teenager once :D

He is a spoiled brat. I would have not complained if mom insisted on buying me an Audi instead of a Subaru.

I especially like his subtle way of telling us his parents have too much money.

Well... it's different if you look at it from my side. I've been a huge Subaru fan since like gr.10 when I first got my license from the old GC8 to the new current STi and now the new Legacy! I was set on getting a new Subbie! You had no idea how disappointed I was when my mom shot down the idea that I would get a LGT. Even right now when I go to school and I see a Legacy parked on the side I would still be jealous of whoever owns it! *The thing why I would choose the LGT over the A4 is that because I know I would get kill if I tune or put anything on the A4 that is visible from the outside, thus getting a LGT would be better off, since it already starts off with amazing performance + doesn't need any kits for it to look sporty already! Compared to the A4 Sportpackge which my parents wanted to get me*only has a sport suspension and a 17" which almost all Quattros have on the streets*, is not the Ultra Sport Package which has an OEM S-Line kit with 18" RS4 style rims*. Plus buying the LGT is way more unique, there are barely anyone that drives the LGT in my area. In Vancouver it's like flooded with A4s.

On the other hand My dad promised me that he would get me the LGT the first place and I had high hopes/think I would be getting it. *Have you ever had something that you think you would get it for sure and then at the last minute that idea gets shot down? It kind of sucks.* Also from the first go my dad was just going to get me the non limited version*38kCDN?* cause the Limited model*44kCDN?* is beyond his budget. Also as I've told gt__ltd already, my parent's budget is not like 70K+ CND for a car, I was just saying "IF" we only needed one car then there would be a possibility that we could get an S4 since if u add up the two cars value would be around the price of an new S4! The Finance rate for the A4 is actually much better compared to a legacy too I think, it's @ a 2.9% rate flat from 24 to 48 months. My dad should be paying a similar amount of monthly payment for his car to mine. IMO getting a car like the A4 is just around the same as a LGT limited.. if I'm rich then most of the people here with an XT and LGT LTD are rich as well.

I might be spoiled but it wasn't like getting this car was without a fight, I didn't just get it just with like a snap of the finger, it was almost a half a year negotiating with my parents.

Haha, what a funny story. I don't want to turn this into a nationality thread, but with Asian parents, I can see why your parents think like that.

Good choice with the car though. I really wanted a Denim Blue A4 1.8T before I found out about the Legacy. Are you going to chip it (GIAC or something)?

bah.... it's more like the traditional Asian parents(in my case it's just my mom.. my pops is cool XD). Getting the the outback in 2.5XT was already an amazing acomplishment since it has the hoodscoop*aggressive*.

I think I'm going to go with the APR ECU Stage I+ instead, because you can choose to to use 2 modes (like you can choose to run the car with stock settings if you wish to or when you're going to autocross or something then you can use the APR settings). Also because APR software is undetectable to a dealers VAG diagnostic tool, thus it will not void the warranty!

O.K. You've made me puke. Now will you PLEASE SHUT THE F**K UP ABOUT YOUR PARENTS BUYING YOU A CAR. I don't want to relive high school.

Look up decorum. As in, "Please, for the love of God, exhibit a modicum of decorum."

O.K. You've made me puke. Now will you PLEASE SHUT THE F**K UP ABOUT YOUR PARENTS BUYING YOU A CAR. I don't want to relive high school.

Look up decorum. As in, "Please, for the love of God, exhibit a modicum of decorum."

Calm down now, no need to swear and yell.

If you don't like his story just move on to the next thread.

Why does anybody have to listen to you? Who do you think you are? What are you gonna do if he posts more? Like sduford said, go away if you don't like this thread.

Look up decorum. As in, "Please, for the love of your God, exhibit a modicum of decorum."

This Space For Rent

Also because APR software is undetectable to a dealers VAG diagnostic tool, thus it will not void the warranty!

Don't be so sure. I had and APR 2 stage program....stock and 93 octane programs in my car, as well as vallet program. All interchangeable from the cruise control stock, and when I blew my turbos in my allroad, they found that the map had changed, so they did not cover the replacement under warranty. It cost me nearly $4800usd to fix.

So, even GIAC and their DiPP is detectable. There is no secure method to chip any of the VAG cars. With their OBD2 scanners, they can detect map changes. What you want to do is get a spare ecu and chip that. But also remember, there is now a chastity belt on the ecu housing, so if you open that, that also will void some warranty.

With the DiPP, you are safe for routine service and simple warranty issues, but if there is a turbo issue, Audi has recently come out with a statement and they will actively search for chipped ecus or changed maps.

Just be careful before you actually do that modification. The dealers are not as dumb as everyone thinks. Audi or VW will call in the regional manager when they have reason to believe that the cars ecu has been modified, as the regional manager is the only one allowed to physically look at the ecu for modification. Not sure the reasoning behind that, but that was what i was told when my car went under the knife.

personally, I think the B6 A4 ultrasport package is a nice package, but i agree, for where the market is right now, European cars have fallen behind the japanese import market. They will come around, and soon their power will be at the level of the imports. The B6 A4 Avant Ultra Sport package was my other option, but could not justify the price differential for what you got...

Gongrats on your car, regardless of the short commings, it is still a great ride with a lot of class.

cheers

jon

• 2 weeks later...
Your A4 should be fun, even if it underpowered next to the 2.5 turbo. Last summer I had the fortune of riding along in an Audi A4 w/ Ultra Sport Pkg. on some very hot laps around Portland International Raceway (in Oregon) chasing an Audi TT, BMW Z4, Porsche 911 and some other choice German cars, and I can't say enough positive things concerning the way that car just stuck to the tarmac. The car really had no problem keeping up with the more powerful cars and that was with four full-size adults in the car! I walked away considerably impressed by the Audi's capabilities. Not bad for a little 1.8 turbo sedan. Still like my Outback XT though!

Congrats on the car! GO REVO!!! My brother is a VAG tuner and carries all the tuners (Neuspeed, GIAC, MTM, APR, etc etc.) REVO is definately the best especially with the SPS! If you ever feel the need to come to Ohio be sure to swing by and we can give you a free 6 hour trial for you to enjoy. If you are going to mod your car shout me a PM and I'm sure we can give you some discounts on almost any VAG mod you could think of... and some you couldn't!

Archived