LegacyGT.com

No joy on getting a 2nd Leggy, but o well!

Flamebo

Hey, at least your parents bought you a new car. My first 5 cars were used pieces of crap and I still had to buy them. My parents drove new cars, but they wouldn't hand them down. My first car was a 15 year old Subaru wagon. I don't even know if it was any particular model. It was a '78 tank of a car. lol The Audi isn't a bad car. I was looking at one of those last night. Other than the mechanical issues I have heard Audis have from time to time, I'm sure you will learn to live with it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Well... it's different if you look at it from my side. I've been a huge Subaru fan since like gr.10 when I first got my license from the old GC8 to the new current STi and now the new Legacy! I was set on getting a new Subbie! You had no idea how disappointed I was when my mom shot down the idea that I would get a LGT. Even right now when I go to school and I see a Legacy parked on the side I would still be jealous of whoever owns it! *The thing why I would choose the LGT over the A4 is that because I know I would get kill if I tune or put anything on the A4 that is visible from the outside, thus getting a LGT would be better off, since it already starts off with amazing performance + doesn't need any kits for it to look sporty already! Compared to the A4 Sportpackge which my parents wanted to get me*only has a sport suspension and a 17" which almost all Quattros have on the streets*, is not the Ultra Sport Package which has an OEM S-Line kit with 18" RS4 style rims*. Plus buying the LGT is way more unique, there are barely anyone that drives the LGT in my area. In Vancouver it's like flooded with A4s.

On the other hand My dad promised me that he would get me the LGT the first place and I had high hopes/think I would be getting it. *Have you ever had something that you think you would get it for sure and then at the last minute that idea gets shot down? It kind of sucks.* Also from the first go my dad was just going to get me the non limited version*38kCDN?* cause the Limited model*44kCDN?* is beyond his budget. Also as I've told gt__ltd already, my parent's budget is not like 70K+ CND for a car, I was just saying "IF" we only needed one car then there would be a possibility that we could get an S4 since if u add up the two cars value would be around the price of an new S4! The Finance rate for the A4 is actually much better compared to a legacy too I think, it's @ a 2.9% rate flat from 24 to 48 months. My dad should be paying a similar amount of monthly payment for his car to mine. IMO getting a car like the A4 is just around the same as a LGT limited.. if I'm rich then most of the people here with an XT and LGT LTD are rich as well.

I might be spoiled but it wasn't like getting this car was without a fight, I didn't just get it just with like a snap of the finger, it was almost a half a year negotiating with my parents.

bah.... it's more like the traditional Asian parents(in my case it's just my mom.. my pops is cool XD). Getting the the outback in 2.5XT was already an amazing acomplishment since it has the hoodscoop*aggressive*.

I think I'm going to go with the APR ECU Stage I+ instead, because you can choose to to use 2 modes (like you can choose to run the car with stock settings if you wish to or when you're going to autocross or something then you can use the APR settings). Also because APR software is undetectable to a dealers VAG diagnostic tool, thus it will not void the warranty!

Ohh man, I know I'm jumping in late here, but man, you really do sound like a spoiled brat. I'm 17 and am currently paying my dad back at $200/month for this Impreza RS. Do you really think "6 months of negotiating" before they set a $38,000 (Canadian or not) budget is hard work? Good greif man, most people here work for their stuff, not suck up to their parents for it.

And yeah, as other people have said, it's not your fault you're rich and spoiled, but your attitude makes me absolutely sick. "ooo, it's not like I just snapped my fingers and got this, I had to ****ing negotiate!" And they wouldn't let you get a $70,000 car, so of course you aren't spoiled! And yes, you are the only person on these forums that has ever had to compromise. Everyone else has always gotten exactly what they wanted. Poor baby.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

And PS: I sure am glad I'm not you, your mom sounds like a real bitch, insisting on buying you a brand new European luxury car. Life must suck. Damn Asian moms.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Ohh man, I know I'm jumping in late here, but man, you really do sound like a spoiled brat. I'm 17 and am currently paying my dad back at $200/month for this Impreza RS. Do you really think "6 months of negotiating" before they set a $38,000 (Canadian or not) budget is hard work? Good greif man, most people here work for their stuff, not suck up to their parents for it.

And yeah, as other people have said, it's not your fault you're rich and spoiled, but your attitude makes me absolutely sick. "ooo, it's not like I just snapped my fingers and got this, I had to ****ing negotiate!" And they wouldn't let you get a $70,000 car, so of course you aren't spoiled! And yes, you are the only person on these forums that has ever had to compromise. Everyone else has always gotten exactly what they wanted. Poor baby.

And PS: I sure am glad I'm not you, your mom sounds like a real bitch, insisting on buying you a brand new European luxury car. Life must suck. Damn Asian moms.

:lol: You better be careful or you might grow up to be me :lol:

You know I'd love to just get a car myself (to work and earn it for myself), then I can have my free will to choose whatever I like, but the fact is that I can't afford it. Financially I don't have what it takes to pay it back to my dad even for just a 2.5i legacy. Since you have 200 to pay back to your dad, then I bet you have more pocket money than I do. Think of it on the bright side too, if 16 is the age for getting a driver's license, then you already have yourself a personal car and @ age of 17. Being 17, I guess you are either still in high school or have just graduated? That is a lot better than a lot of people and better than me. I'm 19 and I get 50 bucks for of allowance for 1 week (pocket money)... so thats 200 bucks CND for 1 month. There is no way I can pay back to my dad and at the sametime support myself for the everyday needs. I have no job and not because I am spoiled and don't need one, but it is because I do not have time for a part time job as I am not a naturally born with super skills that allows me to remember/understand everything in my brain by reading the books in 4 hours. I think for most of the students that have a car and study at a university, don't buy and aren't capable of paying off for their own car. I'm no exception. So hopefully after I graduate from university, I will be able to get a good job and pay back for my parents.

I guess we have different views on what being spoiled is. I might be spoiled, but not to the point where it's making me like a rich ass trying to tell everyone that I've got tons of money to waste, if that's what you guys think it is, well that's not my intention and I would like to appologize if my comments have offended any you. Perhaps in Vancouver it doesn't feel like I'm spoiled because of seeing people around me drive much better cars and such. (I see people that just drop out of school and with a snap of the finger they can get their parents to get them a SLK55 AMG,M3s blah blah blah u name it*.. to me those people are spoiled.. I mean they don't work hard for their education and their future, they just sit there and go to the arcades like everyday and burn time and money.)

Don't be so sure. I had and APR 2 stage program....stock and 93 octane programs in my car, as well as vallet program. All interchangeable from the cruise control stock, and when I blew my turbos in my allroad, they found that the map had changed, so they did not cover the replacement under warranty. It cost me nearly $4800usd to fix.

So, even GIAC and their DiPP is detectable. There is no secure method to chip any of the VAG cars. With their OBD2 scanners, they can detect map changes. What you want to do is get a spare ecu and chip that. But also remember, there is now a chastity belt on the ecu housing, so if you open that, that also will void some warranty.

With the DiPP, you are safe for routine service and simple warranty issues, but if there is a turbo issue, Audi has recently come out with a statement and they will actively search for chipped ecus or changed maps.

Just be careful before you actually do that modification. The dealers are not as dumb as everyone thinks. Audi or VW will call in the regional manager when they have reason to believe that the cars ecu has been modified, as the regional manager is the only one allowed to physically look at the ecu for modification. Not sure the reasoning behind that, but that was what i was told when my car went under the knife.

personally, I think the B6 A4 ultrasport package is a nice package, but i agree, for where the market is right now, European cars have fallen behind the japanese import market. They will come around, and soon their power will be at the level of the imports. The B6 A4 Avant Ultra Sport package was my other option, but could not justify the price differential for what you got...

Gongrats on your car, regardless of the short commings, it is still a great ride with a lot of class.

cheers

jon

Whoa really? but for stage 2 you have more than just the injector and ECU changed then right? I am only planning on getting Stage 1+ for it since it will cost way too much to get beyong stage 1+! I'm actually not so sure about even getting stage 1 + now because the fact that I have to get 93 octane will cost a lot of money with the gas price just shooting up these days.

O i agree with you on the Euro cars falling behind the jap import market. The japanese cars now have really nice interior! I haven't had a chance to see the TL, but from what I've heard the interior is really luxurious and of course it's got quite a bit of power and is certainly up there competing with the other Euro mid size sedans! I see more Acuras and Infinitis than ever now!!

Stage two is Chip and TBE Exhaust... get the chip, you'll never regret it... but more importantly talk to your audi techs and get to know them, ours dont care with the fact that we've got it chipped with a blowofff valve TBE STS cleared out lights and all that nice stuff. In fact they even helped us fix our car after we installed the stage 3 race clutch! :) let me know if you're interesting in parts and stuff though

• 2 weeks later...

I think, and I could be wrong, what's so infuriating about people like you Flamebo, is not your money or your parents or any of your blessings. We all have what we have and there's always someone who has more--and less--and part of growing up is accepting that.

Anyway, I think what sticks with people is just how damn unaware of the world you so very clearly are. People don't hate your good fortune. It's that you're so damn insulated that you don't even get how lucky you really, really are.

My first car? A 1978 Oldsmobile sedan that had a gasoline engine that had been converted--at the factory--to a diesel. $600 USD TOTAL. And I had to fill up next to 18 wheelers. That's cool though. I was straight ballin'. Why? Because I paid for that beast with my own money that I earned working. Just like the other guys on here busting your balls.

Anybody who talks about $200 as pocket money as an 18 year old clearly needs a good ass whipping in the ways of the world.

Enjoy your life. And your completely out-of-control mother. There's plenty of guys like me and STG and live- just waiting to get ahold of you in the working world, when you leave the warm embrace of your mother's bosom (and your father's wallet).

Dipshit.

Archived