LegacyGT.com

Cleaning Auto-Dimming Mirror?

Are there any special precautions associated with cleaning one of these? Is it typically fine to use the same auto window cleaning agent I use on my windows? Should I use just water instead? Thanks in advance.

I've got a couple cans of stoners I will give free to the first to show at my door. I would have also suggested it prior to this weekend. Optimum No-Rise Wash at QD concentration is my new favorite window cleaner. I never thought to try it because quick detailers always leave streaked residue on the windows, but then i recalled, i wash the whole car with this stuff, windows included and never have any streaking, so I tried it. Inside and out, ONR works great for windows, and now I dont have to worry about that aresol can spraying window cleaner all over the paint and interior. I'm sorry, but just spraying a mf towel with window cleaner is a waste of product and time.

That said, your mirror should never need anything more than a damp cloth, stoners will not harm it, but really a dry towel or a towel lightly misted with water is sufficient, just dont spray anything directly on the mirror.

Archived