LegacyGT.com

No Power to OCV's

PhilT

I changed the battery on the car at the weekend, straight swap nothing unusual there. When I restarted the car, it idled fine until it was warm, then it just died.

I took logs while keeping the revs up around 1,500, and it seems there is no power getting to the OCV's, and I'm pretty sure this is the cause of the car dying at idle.

Does anyone know where these get the power from ? could I have blown a fuse by changing the battery ?

:confused:

What kind of battery did you swap in - that could make a huge difference? :lol: j/k but it was too easy.

I think Phil means the TGV's, although he could mean th e oil control valves that run the variable cam timing. I would check fuses first, although if they either are getting no power at all you should have a CEL for that. Start with the simple stuff and see wht you find.

What kind of battery did you swap in - that could make a huge difference? :lol: j/k but it was too easy.

I think Phil means the TGV's, although he could mean the oil control valves that run the variable cam timing. I would check fuses first, although if they either are getting no power at all you should have a CEL for that. Start with the simple stuff and see wht you find.

I used 8 Duracell AA batteries, that makes 12V doesn't it :confused:

It's the solenoid valves that control the variable intake cams. In past logs they have always been getting a couple hundred mA, but after the battery change they only registered 0.06 mA (nothing).

I didn't see any fuses on the wiring diagram, so after checking all the wiring and finding nothing, I unmarried the AP, then re connected it, reloaded the maps, and she seemed to be OK.

I hate problems like this :mad:

Archived