LegacyGT.com

Mounted My Gold O.Z. Superleggera's today..Pix included!

RobCatron

Are they 17's?

Yes, 17"

I am really liking them. Especially today -- it is very sunny here in Frankfort, KY.

Now, I just need to get rid of that chrome grill. That's the first thing my wife said, "But it does't match your grill"

Thanks for all of the compliments, folks!

Rob

yes i agree darn sharp on red

i was thinking gold on my silver wagon, but after driveing passed a dealer's STI everyday, i decidied against that color combo

went with race silver 17 x7 s

which tires to you have?

Well....I know everyone is going to knock me, but I still have the RE92s. Actually, I bought a used set <1000 miles on them from a guy who upgraded. Got 'em really cheap, so I went ahead and put these on my O.Z. Wheels, and kept my 13K mile RE92s on my Stock Rims. I'll keep my stock rims as well, in case I want a different look every now and then (and plus for winter, I would say)

Rob

these rims make the car look really special. Love the gold too.

However I don't see the point in replacing stock 17" with another (even much better) 17" rims just so you can use stock tires. In my opinion it defeats the point of changing the wheels over.

Larger size rims would not only look better but marginally improve the handling and grip (given better tyres). i.e what's wrong with getting 18x7.5 wheels?

these rims make the car look really special. Love the gold too.

However I don't see the point in replacing stock 17" with another (even much better) 17" rims just so you can use stock tires. In my opinion it defeats the point of changing the wheels over.

Larger size rims would not only look better but marginally improve the handling and grip (given better tyres). i.e what's wrong with getting 18x7.5 wheels?

Oh, I am fine with it. I guess mine was primarily for looks, though I did shave off a little bit of weight. I am thinking these wheels are like 17 pounds where the stock wheels are maybe 22 (not sure on this)

Rob

Wow......they look perfect. Paint the silver center caps and do something about the chrome Acura grille Subaru puts on this car and that car is done.

:)

Yes, as soon as a decent USDM Aftermarket Sport Grill comes out, it will be mine.

thanks,

Rob

I normally do not plug any businesses, but I feel the Wheel Exchange did me pretty good on this deal.

I got these wheels from "The Wheel exchange" for 1050 delivered, in case anyone is interested. They beat the Tire Rack by $100 delivered, and had top notch fast delivery (<3 days)

Contact Joe@thewheelexchange.com for more information.

The carry a whole range of OZ and other wheels.

Rob

how about gold plating the chrome on the grill?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/superleggeragold.jpg

Sweet. I was actually thinking about that and the rear badges. I wonder who I could get to do something like that? I know some dealerships do it after the cars come to their lots.

thanks,

Rob

PLEASE Rob, please...no gold grill. Gold wheels on a subie are awesome but a gold grill is just plain GHE-TTO. I plan on painting the chrome on my grill to match the rest of the car. That would look sweet on yours as well.

Sell those RE-92's from your stockers on EBAY and get a good snow tire. I sold mine for $250 and put that towards a set of dunlop Graspics

Nice pics BTW, sweet looking rims

PLEASE Rob, please...no gold grill. Gold wheels on a subie are awesome but a gold grill is just plain GHE-TTO. I plan on painting the chrome on my grill to match the rest of the car. That would look sweet on yours as well.

Sell those RE-92's from your stockers on EBAY and get a good snow tire. I sold mine for $250 and put that towards a set of dunlop Graspics

Nice pics BTW, sweet looking rims

Yep, the gold grill would be a bit much. I would just like to have a nice Sport Grill of some sort.

thanks for the compliments.

Rob

The bronze wheels works great on the red car. But, the gold grill wouldn't look so hot. First off, matching the two colors would be hard and then our grill is ugly enough as it is with the Taurus look. Wait until Subie makes the sport grill available for our car or for silviaparts version. Oh, and if they have matching center caps, go for those as well.

Other than that - good choice, they look really nice, and don't let all the other folks get you down for not upsizing - wheels and Z-rated tires (that must be continually replaced) are expensive enough without moving up in size and most of us are not made of money, we only wish it.

Keep us updated on any other changes you make.

Archived