LegacyGT.com

225/40/18 all seasons?

5throw

I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on my stock rims. They've done really well with my Stage II LGT and the wear has been good also. I just ordered new 18" rims and picked up the new Pilot Sport A/S Plus version in the same size that you are considering from Discount Tire. They had a $70 rebate going. These will cost more than the BFG's mentioned, but both are good A/S choices.

I can also send you a coupon for a $60 rebate on a set of 4 Michelin tires, shoot me a PM with your name/address if you'd like me to mail you one.

Falken 912's...dry and wet grip is great for an A/S, snow raction is average. Price is awesome.

I have read that snow traction is poor and CR rated them as almost 3 season tires. What do you compare them to for winter traction?

Krzys

I have read that snow traction is poor and CR rated them as almost 3 season tires. What do you compare them to for winter traction?

Krzys

They are probably comparable to the RE92s in the snow..I never drove it anything deeper than 1 or 2" though. They never seemed dangerous...just about average IMO.

Falken 912's...dry and wet grip is great for an A/S, snow raction is average. Price is awesome.

I know two owners who drink Consumer Reports kool-aid and bought these as they were rated "best". Both are seriously disappointed with them on their Accord's and Camry when they hit about 15k-20k and the tire noise significantly increased. They did say excellent tires initially though which makes sense why so high rated.

I have only had them for about 7-8000 miles (2 winters) and they have not gotten any louder. I think for the price, they are pretty awesome. I read some reviews on this forum and most if not all have been pretty happy with them..including me.

I never heard of the tire noise issue.. :(

I have only had them for about 7-8000 miles (2 winters) and they have not gotten any louder. I think for the price, they are pretty awesome. I read some reviews on this forum and most if not all have been pretty happy with them..including me.

I never heard of the tire noise issue.. :(

I really hope you do not hit any noise with them. Its such a bummer. Report back when you hit 15k - 20k.

I ran the Bridgestone RE960 A/S on my 18" Rotas and loved them. The tire is very small though, I ended up with 245/40/18. Even got more than 40k on them! They are AWESOME in the wet, and ok in the snow.

I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on 17s now and am very impressed so far...

• 4 weeks later...
I ran the Bridgestone RE960 A/S on my 18" Rotas and loved them. The tire is very small though, I ended up with 245/40/18. Even got more than 40k on them! They are AWESOME in the wet, and ok in the snow.

I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on 17s now and am very impressed so far...

Do you have pics of those 245/40/18's in your car man?

Just curious...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

They are probably comparable to the RE92s in the snow..I never drove it anything deeper than 1 or 2" though. They never seemed dangerous...just about average IMO.

My 912's on my Scion tC was worse then the RE92s it came with. Complete crap in snow.

Archived