LegacyGT.com

Hyloft Tire Storage Rack

rubberman

I just picked up a tire rack to mount on the wall of my garage so that I can get all of my sportbike rims / tires up off the floor and out of the way. I purchased a Hyloft tire rack.

Heavy Duty Square Tubing model:

http://hyloft.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=97&Itemid=130

Supposedly Home Depot carries their products, although I just ordered it straight from Hyloft (shipping was $42, 50lb box).

It's rated for up to 400 lbs and a max adjustable width range of 52" ( I have it at 58" right now, but moto tires are light). So far I really like it, helped clean up some things in the garage and I can even store LGT rims on it if I need to. It's a bit overkill for motorcycle tires, but should last a lifetime. I strongly recommend this if you are space challenged like my garage is.

Rack1.thumb.JPG.b5269abaf0f8647afe5ebf1d54cbe074.JPG

Rack2.thumb.JPG.62883aa568bf5f003ae0a864a7dc438d.JPG

Rack3.thumb.JPG.6424846b70c45572cf2e1ec29e642c80.JPG

Rack4.thumb.JPG.595d63c32877978f0bf250cbed772f90.JPG

Rack5.thumb.JPG.b926a4912438a5d60082343d54df9688.JPG

Rack6.thumb.JPG.5da64cda5c5111719becc104f97e8d19.JPG

very nice. we ordered 1 like this from tire rack, but they are on back order. we actually need 4 of them though... we have 4 sets of tires/rims that need to be stored at all times. this looks very much like the one I ordered (it gets spendy when you need 4!)
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

The tire rack one is the same thing, check the installation instructions ;)

ya, looks pretty much the same. just rebadged with Tire Rack on it. :lol: still if the other one works just as well, $99 vs $139 is $40 and we need 4 of them! that's like buying 4 for the price of 3 on the slightly fancier ones.

Awesome. I just did redid my garage and this would be a perfect addition. Why is that section not drywalled though? You should finish that off and get a coat of primer on it.

LOL! I knew that someone would comment on that. There was a lot of semi-finished stuff like that in my house when I bought it. I've completely rewired the garage for extra electrical circuits for compressor & electric tools, added 4 banks of 4' fluorescent lights, added 8 outlets and numerous other things so far (floodlights). Still a work in progress, just got the insulation done in the garage (sprayed ~8-10" in the attic, and added the wall insulation). Plan to finish the sheetrock in a few weeks and paint everything, from there it's epoxy coating the concrete.

Between work and grad school I don't get much spare time.

LOL! I knew that someone would comment on that. There was a lot of semi-finished stuff like that in my house when I bought it. I've completely rewired the garage for extra electrical circuits for compressor & electric tools, added 4 banks of 4' fluorescent lights, added 8 outlets and numerous other things so far (floodlights). Still a work in progress, just got the insulation done in the garage (sprayed ~8-10" in the attic, and added the wall insulation). Plan to finish the sheetrock in a few weeks and paint everything, from there it's epoxy coating the concrete.

Between work and grad school I don't get much spare time.

Nice. Sounds similar to what I just did in my garage as well, though all of it was drywalled, and skim coated. I re-mudded, sealed with killz, added a ton of shelves, some new electrical, and some new over head florescents. I have to figure out what to do with the concrete floor next. I saw some kind of textured coating that's slip/oil resistant, and I think something like that is what I have in mind.

I have to figure out what to do with the concrete floor next. I saw some kind of textured coating that's slip/oil resistant, and I think something like that is what I have in mind.

I got mine coated by Home Depot with Rustoleum's EpoxyShield with anti-slip. I've been pretty happy with it.

That's the lighter duty model. I figured go big or go home. ;)

:lol: but they both can hold the same amt of weight and size. ;)

but again, no matter, they want $118 to ship UPS Ground to AK vs $58 from Tire Rack.

:lol: but they both can hold the same amt of weight and size. ;)

but again, no matter, they want $118 to ship UPS Ground to AK vs $58 from Tire Rack.

You are right about the load rating, guess I misread the specs (really odd then that they even have a heavy duty model?)

Shipping these things does suck, but the install is pretty easy.

Archived