LegacyGT.com

LGT Oil Filter - 15208AA100 black

Hi all -

I've searched here and have read that you all really like the 'Black' Tokyo Roki Oil Filter 15208AA100 for the turbo LGT.

I'm looking for your advice on where to purchase these filters. Some of the older threads that I found indicated that this filter has been discontinued. Is there a reasonably priced alternative that comes close to the quality of the Tokyo Roki Black filter that most of you suggest?

Thank you!

Hi all -

I've searched here and have read that you all really like the 'Black' Tokyo Roki Oil Filter 15208AA100 for the turbo LGT.

I'm looking for your advice on where to purchase these filters. Some of the older threads that I found indicated that this filter has been discontinued. Is there a reasonably priced alternative that comes close to the quality of the Tokyo Roki Black filter that most of you suggest?

Thank you!

What's wrong with the stock filter?

I use Fram......:hide:

:lol: I see where that was going.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

They'll run out soon and start using the crap blue replacement filters.

this is what I've found at the Subaru parts counter:

Please note: We will try our best to fill the order with your preferred filter choice, although we can no longer guarantee you will receive the black Tokyo Roki filter (part number 15208AA100), you may be shipped the blue Honeywell filter (part number 15208AA12A) in its place.

guess i'll go with a Fram filter!

cool - i just ordered a bunch of the Tokyo Roki's:

Subaru factory oil filter (15208AA100)

Part#: 15208AA

(Qty: 5 x $9.95)

Subtotal: $49.75

Tax: $0.00

S&H: $8.79

Final Total: $58.54

http://www.mastrowrx.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=78

NOTE: Picture does not represent filter you will recieve. We only sell the 15208AA100 Tokyo Roki black filter.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Purolator-PL14610-PureONE-Filter-Pack/dp/B000GIVEII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1232052850&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Purolator PL14610 PureONE Oil Filter (Pack of 2): Automotive[/ame]

I have been using these, seems like the best replacement, cost and quality. If you do a search, you will find soem detailed info on these.

Hey All,

I run SubaruProParts.com and still have 6 or 7 filters left in my personal stash of 50, that I bought when I heard that they were switching to Honeywell. If any one needs one, you can order a single one and type in LegacyGT.com in the comment section, and I will make sure you get a black filter(15208AA100). ;)

-Mike

Amazon.com: Purolator PL14610 PureONE Oil Filter (Pack of 2): Automotive

I have been using these, seems like the best replacement, cost and quality. If you do a search, you will find soem detailed info on these.

Wow. This looks like a nice deal. Orders over $25 = free shipping.

The PL14610 is a little longer than the stock PL14612.

At $4.75 / each with no tax and no shipping = hard to beat.

There may be bettter filters but this unit is very good and at $4.75 quite cheap. I dont want to pay $10-$12 dollors for a filter for a 3750 mile oil change interval.

Thanks for the info.;)

Archived