LegacyGT.com

Carpet Mats In The Washer?

Can I throw my carpet mats in the clothes washer on the most gentle cycle? Will that destroy them by ripping it apart? Also, anyone know where I can pick up a new driver side LL Bean mat? I have a small hole forming where my heel meets the carpet by the gas pedal. Thanks

Yep. I just hose down my all weather ones when I wash the car.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I do have the all weather mats but i only use them during the winter or if i know I'm gunna go play in the mud. Its odd cause even my driver side all weather mat has the same wear right by the heel. I love Subaru but seems like they cheaped out on the mats. My '05 has 68600mi on it so I guess it would start to show some wear and tear.

I've done it before and they actually came out very clean. I would be more concerned about your washer because the mats can get quite heavy when wet. If your washer is up to the challenge I say go for it.

That's what the laundromat is for :lol:

I haven't had the Legacy long enough to get the cloth mats dirty, and the fact that I have the weather techs in, I have how ever put the mats from my 300M and most recently my uncles CLS into the washing machine and they came out awesome.... The only problem is that the dirt that is embedded in the carpet usually makes a mess in side the washer :)

Step 1. Go to your local car wash

Step 2. Take mats out and hang them up on the mat holders

Step 3. Wash mats

Step 4. Take down mats

Step 5. Put mats in the trunk

Step 6. Go home and place mats in the sun

Step 7. Profit from not having to buy a new washing machine.

My wife put her floor mats (regular stock) in the washing machine and they came out frayed at the edges. I don't think it's really necessary, as the OP said, some sort of detergent and a good scrub brush. I've used carpet cleaner which has a foam action to "lift the dirt", not sure about that but it worked ok too.

My wife put her floor mats (regular stock) in the washing machine and they came out frayed at the edges.

I did the same thing with the same results. The mats are fine I just trimmed the frayed edges and they looked brand new (except for the wear mark where my heel is). The fraying wasn't so bad that the whole mat comes apart, just a few loose strands.

After reading all your opinions, I have decided to do this.

Step 1: Let mats soak in laundry detergent for a bit

Step 2: Goto Car Wash and clean car/high pressure spray mats with soap on

Step 3: Spray come fabric cleaner stuff I found from a auto store

Step 4: Rinse again (high pressure)

Step 5: Let them bake in the sun

i think my washer could handle the mats but I really don't feel like taking the chance.

Archived