LegacyGT.com

Hail damage pictures

tytek

i had the same thing happen in columbus, ohio a couple years ago. because of how the hail was falling, my front left fender, side panels, and roof got the majority of the beating, but there was no panel or door left untouched.

i feel your pain.. sorry.

Painless dent removal?!?!?! Are you joking???? Did you NOT look at the pictures?

There is no way that all those dents could be removed. That would take 25-35 man hours just for the roof. They will bondo the roof, and replace the hhod and trunklids. They being the body shop his/her insurance uses.

Mike...

Painless dent removal?!?!?! Are you joking???? Did you NOT look at the pictures?

There is no way that all those dents could be removed. That would take 25-35 man hours just for the roof. They will bondo the roof, and replace the hhod and trunklids. They being the body shop his/her insurance uses.

Mike...

from that site:

"Consumers are learning about the PDR process from local dealerships and insurance companies, according to Cmelik. "In the last four to five years, insurance companies have become more aware and accepting of the PDR process, particularly to repair hail damage," Cmelik told MSN Autos."

and

"PDR is so effective for hail damage that some insurance companies use "hail teams" that "chase hail." These teams travel to an area that was hit by hail to repair vehicle damage using PDR techniques."

This Space For Rent

Second time I have said this in reference to hail damage. DO NOT GET CONVENTIONAL BODYWORK DONE! ONLY GET PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR. We had a bad storm in April '99. Three new cars.....two Accords and one TL. The TL and one Accord were repaired in a week with PDR and no noticeable after effects. My Accord had conventional bodywork. Came out of the shop after three weeks with severe orange peel from the respray plus overspray on everything. Spent until August that year in and out of the shop til they got it 95% right. I gave up after that. Took a $2500 hit on resale value when I sold it in 2000 - neither of the other cars suffered that decreased valuation.

Man - that must have been incredible to be inside that while it was happening. I'm sorry for your damage and hope it works out really quickly for you.

FWIW - My PDR guy travels all over the country for insurance and new car companies who have suffered massive hail damage like that. He has some pictures (before and after) of cars that look at least as bad if not worse than your's. I've watched him work and it's amazing to see just how good these guys are at getting the whole ding and crunch out with nary a ripple anywhere.

If you have comprehensive coverage, your insurance company should get this taken care of for you.

My advice to you would be to NOT crack the paint with bondo and collision but instead go with the PDR. You'll be much happier in the long run.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

My Last car (2000 Civic Si) had similar amount of damage from hail last May. The body shop fixed it by replacing hood, filling and painting the quarter panels and paintless dent repair on the roof. Total was about 4K. Repair looked fine, I sold it a few months later, nobody asked any questions. I guess it all depends on the quality of your body shop.

I agree completely about going for the PDR. My friend bought an 03 Altima back in the summer of 03. It was a hail damage blow out sale. The car didnt have enough damage to be totalled, (truth of that who knows?:rolleyes:) so the dealership sold it for like 6000 off msrp. My friend bought it, took it to a Dent Wizard tech. and voila! his car looks like it was never damaged. The roof does have one or two slight blemishes, but only guys on boards like these would notice.;) ..and his car looked BAd when he bought it. I even called him stupid.:lol:

My Last car (2000 Civic Si) had similar amount of damage from hail last May. The body shop fixed it by replacing hood, filling and painting the quarter panels and paintless dent repair on the roof. Total was about 4K. Repair looked fine, I sold it a few months later, nobody asked any questions. I guess it all depends on the quality of your body shop.

With CarFax around these days, you got lucky. :D

sorry about your car, that is a sickening feeling. My ex-wife parked our Grand Prix GT at her father's place and hopped in with him to save mileage on our nice car. Trouble was it got plummeted with 2-3 inch hail while sitting there not accumulating miles!!!

Insurance company replaced the hood, roof, trunk-lid, most of the glass, couple of door skins, couple of quarter panels, and a lot of the window trim. $6500 later it was fixed. Had it not been such a low mile car it probably would have been totaled out.

Definitely go with the PDR if it is a viable option, anytime you repaint it isn't the same.

Hope everything works out,

jesse_h

Typically on a large PDR job, the tech bills for the job. I'd say that about $1000 each for the hood and roof, given the number of dimples present.

Normal dent repair, depending on complexity and time involved will run $35-$75 per dent. Well under the amount a collision repair center charges for the same repair.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived