LegacyGT.com

Logs

CapnJack

Long time listener first time logger... :redface:

Anyway, I've got a couple of logs I'm hoping you can help me out with. I"m not exactly sure what to look for. I used AccessTUNER Race to log everything. After looking at it, I see I forgot engine load. How important is this?

From the day I've bought the car, it has stuttered badly in second gear from 3k-4k(and still does). I'm currently running a Cobb Stage 1 OTS 93 octane map. The car has no other mods. The first log is a 2nd gear pull from 2k up to 6k.

The next two logs are 3rd gear pulls from 2k to 6k. The 3rd gear pull #2 seems to have a fair amount of knock feedback correction. :eek: The 3rd gear pull #3 looks much better but still has a bit of fine learned knock correction around 6k.

Your assistance and tutelage is greatly appreciated.

2nd gear pull #1.csv

3rd gear pull #2.csv

3rd gear pull#3.csv

Your tune has a lot of knock in it.

Didn't you post the thread where your IAM dropped low enough that your boost control was disabled?

Yes, that was mine, but I didn't realize that it was this bad. :confused: This is a Cobb OTS stage 1 map. Any suggestions?

Are you using 93 octane fuel from a known good source? Are you near Milwaukee where they run the reformulated fuel in the winter?

To me, your timing looks conservative, but the others are right, you have knock.

Jeremy

The 07+ cars can take similar timing at low rpm to 05-06 cars but at high rpm, the timing is a LOT lower. My guess is that the heads have been redesigned and optimized for 2000 to 4000 rpm range at the expense of high rpm.

I would zero out the OL/CL delay too. Seems like AFR is too high below 3500 rpm.

The 05-06 Cobb OTS maps seem fine, but all the logs from 07+ Cobb maps seem to have a lot of knock. I don't know what the map looks like. I've only seen logs.

I would try using the ACN 91 map.

Thanks for the advice! For now, I'll just put in the ACN 91 map. I have DP and TMIC on the way as we speak. Once I go stage 2, I'll look at it again. Just trying to get my feet wet at this point! Some of this stuff can be pretty intimidating to a noob! I'll do some searching before I start asking stupid questions. Thanks again guys!

Archived