LegacyGT.com

Tuning Meth.. Same AFR with and w/o meth, reg. 93 fuel map!

lepich

You only want to be altering your POL table to reflect for the meth when it is spraying. You can adjust the boost point at which it starts spraying. Generally a good rule of thumb is half of your wg spring, or however much meth want to use. On stock turbo i wouldnt want it spraying until atleast 5psi, because that thing is always spooled. GL. POL table should be high 12's if you're running 100% meth or low 12's if you're running a 50 50 mix.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

You're approaching an AFR of 13 in a few areas, which is a little higher than most like to be with meth. For comparison purposes, my AFR's don't go any higher than about 12.5.

The 50/50 mix should drop the afr half a point. U r running way too lean but its your car

You're approaching an AFR of 13 in a few areas, which is a little higher than most like to be with meth. For comparison purposes, my AFR's don't go any higher than about 12.5.

yes, this is an issue I can't fix so far. i mean on some conditions (ususllay - colder outside, morning) I see up to 13:1 AFR, but the same map gives me on hotter (day) temps 12-12:5 AFR.

For now I've lowered OL AFR to get a lil bit richier mixture, to make it safer. Now I am getting 11.8-12.5 AFR on most logs/conditions.

I have meth starting at 3.0-3.2 MAFv (its a MAF based controller), which is after 7 PSI for low RPM, and 4-5 psi on higher.

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Load doesn't matter one bit if your MAF isn't scaled properly. MAF volts is a better gauge of power made or air being moved.

Since load is off..wouldn't that mess up all the load based tables..like timing?

yes, this is an issue I can't fix so far. i mean on some conditions (ususllay - colder outside, morning) I see up to 13:1 AFR, but the same map gives me on hotter (day) temps 12-12:5 AFR.

For now I've lowered OL AFR to get a lil bit richier mixture, to make it safer. Now I am getting 11.8-12.5 AFR on most logs/conditions.

I have meth starting at 3.0-3.2 MAFv (its a MAF based controller), which is after 7 PSI for low RPM, and 4-5 psi on higher.

I wouldnt go much over 12.0:1 on 93+Meth, especially without a proper failsafe. How much timing are you running btw? There is a section in the POL Table section called " Minimum Primary Open Loop Enrichment," as you can see the maximum amount a/f ratio it allows past 87.4% throttle duty is only 12.5, this may explain why you're not hitting your leaner A/F values.

^^ I did modify that table, posted previously. And I have failsafe, it helped engine to suurvive couple of times. I do hit my leaner AFR targets, the only problem I have that AFR vary +-0.5. Probaly the pump, or something else in meth kit causing this. Overall, i am happy with it. Anyway, thanks!

Edit: Sorry, it was another thread about that enrichment table..

( http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105992&page=10 )

^^ Yes, timing was changed as well. I was datalogging a lot, making sure everything is Ok.

BTW, I still under 3.2 g/s of load (max I have on my timing map), hitting 3.10 when its less then 80F outside..

JFYI my pol table is all 12.63, a/f is 11.5-11.6 tapering to 11.3 @ 26psi from 4400-7200 at load levels from 2.2-4.2gs. The reason for the taper up top is that I am reaching maf levels that I could not hit on my pump map. I actually prefer the richer a/f up top as 26psi is a lot of boost and is providing additional cooling. I am probably sacrificing a little bit of power but im fine with that. This is on an m10nozzle spraying 90% Meth 10% water mix.

JFYI my pol table is all 12.63, a/f is 11.5-11.6 tapering to 11.3 @ 26psi from 4400-7200 at load levels from 2.2-4.2gs. The reason for the taper up top is that I am reaching maf levels that I could not hit on my pump map. I actually prefer the richer a/f up top as 26psi is a lot of boost and is providing additional cooling. I am probably sacrificing a little bit of power but im fine with that. This is on an m10nozzle spraying 90% Meth 10% water mix.

Nice :)

Forgot all about that td05-20g I bet.:p

I really liked some of the graphs/logs j255c posted of his old setup. Very nice street car. Now Shamar you know I have to say he should have "EWG that yo"...:lol:

Ill post up some logs of this one once i've sorted everything out.

Archived