LegacyGT.com

Hawk HPS vs HP Plus

wpmarky

Part of the draw was the fact that you could street these pads.

If in fact you cannot, why not go with a better suited track pad?

The DTC series are race pads. The 30 specifically is listed as dirt circle track on Hawk's website, likely due to its lower torque capabilities over the 60 and 70 varieties. Their minimum operating temp is too high to be driven on the street and even if you ignore that fact and did it anyway, they would be operating in their abrasive phase (vs. adhesive) and destroy your rotors in short time.

The DTC series are race pads. The 30 specifically is listed as dirt circle track on Hawk's website, likely due to its lower torque capabilities over the 60 and 70 varieties. Their minimum operating temp is too high to be driven on the street and even if you ignore that fact and did it anyway, they would be operating in their abrasive phase (vs. adhesive) and destroy your rotors in short time.

there was a review on nastycock where some guy threw on the 30s for street driving. he said they were alright.

the 30's minimum operating temp is around that of the hp+s apparently.. but what you said makes sense. if the 30s are indeed hp+ minimum operating temp then there really is no point of hp+s...

car for sale. PM me!

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys recommend for somebody who wants more of an initial bite and more fade resistance.

I do not want to swap out brake pads for different seasons, and most driving will be spirited mountain cruises, daily driving, and maybe an occasional AutoX.

I am stuck between the Hawk HP+ and the Carbotech Bobcats or AX6's

I feel like the HP+ would be a better improvement over my stock pads but the Bobcats would work better in the winter months.

I do not know much about the AX6's, but on paper they sound like they could also be a good choice.

Hmmmmm.... decisions decisions. I just put on Prodrives and non corrisive brake dust sounds nice.

So the AX6 would be a good compromise between Bobcats and HP+'s? I have not heard much information on them.

^magnetic1

where would the Enless pads fall (if you're familiar with them). SS-M, SS-S, SS-Y.

The Endless pads fall somewhere between HPS and Bobcat. They have a max temp. rating of around 500 degrees C. The SSY being the lowest at 380. They are street pads that have relatively low dust. SSMs would be most aggressive out of the three.

The only thing about Endless pads is that they provide decent performance, but are $$$.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

different topic...sorry to hijack...

I am running HPS pads front and rear and get TERRIBLE squeaking when i brake. Sounds like i am driving an old broken truck....hmmm....any ideas?

magnetic,

will the ax6's be ok in the winter as long as i warm them up with a few hard stops. i have t1r tires and i want more bite and less fade comapred to stock pads

it seems like carbotechs r the way 2 go because they dust less, less corrisive, less noisey comapred to hp.

is that pretty accurate?

magnetic,

will the ax6's be ok in the winter as long as i warm them up with a few hard stops. i have t1r tires and i want more bite and less fade comapred to stock pads

it seems like carbotechs r the way 2 go because they dust less, less corrisive, less noisey comapred to hp.

is that pretty accurate?

anybody?

I am leaning towards bobcats because they are non-corrosive, not very noisy, easy to warm up in the winter. But I may step up to the AX6's if they are tolerable in those two departments. Anybody have recommendations

^Hmm leaning towards that, does the noise at least go away after the first few hard stops :).

Is pricing pretty close between those and the bobcats?

Difference in price is about $18 for fronts. Hard to say on noise. All I can say it there is a chance of noise. Some people have noise issues and some dont.

I have a Honda S2000 customer who uses AX6 all the time for the past 3 years. He didnt get noise until his 2nd set and only on the right side! :confused:

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

^Interesting. I may just start with the bobcats and work my way up in aggressiveness if necessary. Anything is an improvement over stock.

Thanks for all of the advice!

Archived