LegacyGT.com

Does anyone know of superchargers for N/A Legacy 2.5i's?

Are superchargers easy to install? I was reading an article that says it just goes on in between the engine and any aftermarket intake... is that true? If so I may just hold off on that cosmo racing CAI until I get my hands on a supercharger...

Haha.

Well, our engines can only take so much boost. The max you'd want to do is 5psi, which is what the turbo kit from Rallitek was desinged to provide, although I don't even know if thats in production yet.

A friend of mine told me he saw a supercharged N/A legacy in Blacksburg. That was a year and a half ago, and I have no clue if what my friend told me is accurate. I'm sure there are ways it can be done. I heard some Impreza RS's using a supercharger from a company called Raptor I think? I would check on rs25.com to see if you can get more answers.

Does anyone know of superchargers for N/A Legacy 2.5i's?

Are superchargers easy to install? I was reading an article that says it just goes on in between the engine and any aftermarket intake... is that true? If so I may just hold off on that cosmo racing CAI until I get my hands on a supercharger...

holy mother of god - who is that in your avatar?

aside from that, I'd be very interested in what you find out about a supercharger.

had one on my '90 Bronco and it provided great boost in power and actually helped out on the mpg if not driven hard

Yeah and Raptors Kits isnt even made for the legacy 2.5i yet only the Impreza :( However they do plan to test and develop it for the legacy 2.5i 08-09 and this is only because Impreza's and Legacy 2.5i are on the same frame so I guess we Leggy guys get the by product :lol: for those that will waste $3K to get 5psi of boost rather then trading your 2.5i for a LGT and maybe taking that same $3K towards a down payment or half of that and use the other half for upgrades to that LGT i applaud you cause you will still get smoked by WRX's and LGTs and Honda's. I do think it would be neat to see the numbers on the dyno b/c you never know

^^ With 5 psi, Rallitek claims their turbocharger would allow a Legacy 2.5i to be at least as quick as a stock WRX. That might actually be worth the $$ rather than trading it in if its true. The same might be true about a supercharger.

Not the newer WRX's even bone stock. itll be faster but not worth the money I think most 2.5i ppl realize that UNLESS the kit wasnt so costly then it would be. I wouldnt make these statements about it being totally useless if the kits were a bolt on piggy back setup around $1000-1200 I would spend that much to have a bolt on package that wouldnt mess up the ECU any and be able to go back stock for dealer repairs etc

holy mother of god - who is that in your avatar?

Aside from that, i'd be very interested in what you find out about a supercharger.

Had one on my '90 bronco and it provided great boost in power and actually helped out on the mpg if not driven hard

+1

• 2 weeks later...

These motors dont respond well to boost at all. Most n/a subarus motors compression is to high. There are very few have boosted there 2.5 n/a's and have them last more then 50k miles.

If you are still interested in boosting your 2.5 check out rs25.com. They will have all the info you need. For super charging, douglas vincint is the man to read up on about. He super charged a 1st gen legacy 2.2 motor that eventually turned into a 400hp twincharged project. and now just drives a home built turbo set up.

If your looking for a bolt on affair and dont know how to tune. Forced induction more then likely be the best route and a blown motor is no fun to replace.

cheers

Archived