LegacyGT.com

Anyone ever use this code reader?

1-3-2-4

Just brought this one early this morning so I hope it ships out by today.. my CEL is on for my 95 Legacy L wagon and I have a funny rough idle if you lightly tap the gas right after start up but it goes away in a few seconds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200316310188&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

There wasn't OBD2 until 1996, so I don't see why it would work...

ugh...

the 1995 Legacy started using OBDII first during the 1995 model year since they were mandated to anyways the following year..

the 95 impreza however was only OBD-I and if you are still in doubt I can show you the under hood sticker and the connection port by your left knee

ugh...

the 1995 Legacy started using OBDII first during the 1995 model year since they were mandated to anyways the following year..

the 95 impreza however was only OBD-I and if you are still in doubt I can show you the under hood sticker and the connection port by your left knee

I believe you :)

I just didn't realize subaru started using it in 1995 on some models.

I believe you :)

I just didn't realize subaru started using it in 1995 on some models.

heh its ok most people don't know.. I brought this since it does live data and cheaper then a scan gauge for me right now.

What'd yah get?

read first post

How is it in terms of live data? Like reading off temperature, speed, RPMs, fuel economy, etc?

I have been looking at the scangauge for a while, but if this is as good, and cheaper, I may go for it.

sorry guys I never got a email alert for this tread.. the live data is good.. shows the coolant temp STFT, LTFT shows both oxygen sensors.. shows the timing and rpm.. and a few other stuff like vehicle speed. I tried to do a video last night but it was too much trying to shift and making sure the scanner was not going to slide off my lap. I did take screen shots.. Also the codes I pulled were P0325 and P0125 nothing bad at all.. I know why the 2nd code is coming up due to a failed water pump and first one is likely a cracked knock sensor which seems to be common on the 2nd gen legacies. give me a few and I will post the screen shots.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5296/img0072w.jpg

• 1 month later...
I think he meant, what code did he get?

Also, if you want a scangauge, I have one that I don't really want any more. I;ll sell it to you if you want.

I have sed scangauge2 now. What a wonderful tool :D

There wasn't OBD2 until 1996, so I don't see why it would work...

OBD2 was mandatory starting MY '96, some cars had it as early as '94. '95 Legacies have OBD2.

I bought my code reader at Autozone for $100, but it doesn't do live data.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived