LegacyGT.com

Legacy #3, The Quickest Cars of 2009: $25k to $30k

Because AWD cars can be launched harder, which makes you 1/4miles time less obviously but it doesnt do much for your trap speed. If the lgt was RWD you wouldnt be able to launch it past 3k most likely or you would just spin your tires and the lgt would probably only run 14.5s @95-98mph if it wasnt AWD

True, but you'd also ahve signifcantly less driveline loss. There's a reason our 250hp engines only put ~190hp to the ground. With RWD, it would probably be closer to 220hp.

AWD helps from the hole (if you're beating on it) enough to make up for it, but the differnce isn't quite as dramic as you might think.

AWD "can" be launched harder for a while, but then you break shit, if I was building drag car, it would be RWD every time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but you'd also ahve signifcantly less driveline loss. There's a reason our 250hp engines only put ~190hp to the ground. With RWD, it would probably be closer to 220hp.

AWD helps from the hole (if you're beating on it) enough to make up for it, but the differnce isn't quite as dramic as you might think.

AWD "can" be launched harder for a while, but then you break shit, if I was building drag car, it would be RWD every time.

Yes i understand, i have had 2 RWD drag cars

I can't believe the new WRX is that fast stock. One with equivalent mods to what I have must be insane. Makes me think about trading in the LGT for one.

Aw, you don't want to do that?!?! The LGT is a little more grown up of a car. People would take you more serious in a LGT verus the WRX...to most, the WRX seems like a toy. Plus, you will get harassed to race MUCH more if you were in a WRX. While if you like to do that "type" of racing, I would think it will get annoying when you people harass you EVERYDAY to "race"...even dips***s in their little beater cars will want to race and some of these people have no idea how to race and try to push their cars waaay too hard and then lose control and could take you or someone else out. It happens all the time...usually the one pushing their car too hard (even when it's obvious they've lost) and lose control. Plus, police will watch you more closely by being in that car.

That's why I LOVE the LGT...it's a total sleeper. People don't bother you everyday and police won't focus in on your car as much when radar-ing on streets....imo

It said the WRX is quicker then the STI and 10k cheaper?:confused:

Is the WRX really faster then the STI??

they are pretty damn close in straight line, but like i said the STI still has a better drivetrain, suspension and brakes.

Also rumor has it that since the WRX and legacy(is supposed to) get a power bump that the 2010 or 2011 STI is also moving up from 300

It said the WRX is quicker then the STI and 10k cheaper?:confused:

Is the WRX really faster then the STI??

It looks like they are also basing this off 0-60times and because the wrx is a 5speed and STi is a 6speed, the WRX only requires one shift to get to 60 whereas the STi takes 2 and when you're talking about just a couple of seconds, that extra shift (no matter how fast) slows down the STi...past that, the STi will catch up to and pass the WRX....look at 0-100 times and you'll see. Oh, and it's really not faster...The best time I've seen for the WRX and STi puts them at the same 0-60 time.

Aw, you don't want to do that?!?! The LGT is a little more grown up of a car. People would take you more serious (sic) in a LGT verus (sic) the WRX...to most, the WRX seems like a toy. Plus, you will get harassed to race MUCH more if you were in a WRX. //
What year WRX did you own?

I find quite the opposite. Most enthusiasts know what the WRX can do, and the fact that the car isn't even available with an automatic makes it more rather than less likely that an enthusiast is in the WRX. These cars can do zero to license revocation in record time, and even on NASIOC now there is pretty strong pressure against irresponsible street driving. There are plenty of opportunities for sanctioned competition and that's a big plus for the WRX compared to the LGT.

The 08+ WRX is a lot more refined than the previous years (the 08 got a little too refined). I regularly drive mine on 300+ mile days on New England roads and don't find it toy-like at all. It's really quite an amazing car. Some of you should go drive one instead of talking out of your fourth point of contact.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

It looks like they are also basing this off 0-60times and because the wrx is a 5speed and STi is a 6speed, the WRX only requires one shift to get to 60 whereas the STi takes 2 and when you're talking about just a couple of seconds, that extra shift (no matter how fast) slows down the STi...past that, the STi will catch up to and pass the WRX....look at 0-100 times and you'll see. Oh, and it's really not faster...The best time I've seen for the WRX and STi puts them at the same 0-60 time.

Car & Driver 09 WRX 0-60 4.7s.

Car & Driver 09 WRX 0-100 12.9s.

Car & Driver 09 WRX 1/4 mi 13.5s @102.

Car & Driver 09 WRX 0-120mph 19.7

Car & Driver 08 STi 0-60 5.1s

Car & Driver 08 STi 0-100 13.0s

Car & Driver 08 STi 1/4 mi 13.6 @ 102.

They don't give a 0-140mph # for the WRX, where the STi would likely show its power advantage.

Car & Driver LGT 0-60: 5.3 sec

Car & Driver LGT 0-100 mph: 14.9 sec

Car & Driver 07 LGT 0-130 mph: 30.6 sec

Car & Driver LGT ¼-mile: 14.1 sec @ 97 mph

SOA has made no announcements about the WRX330 or WRX380 models available in Europe. There are plenty on utube, though.

Most 09 WRX are showing 225-230 whp.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

What year WRX did you own?

I find quite the opposite. Most enthusiasts know what the WRX can do, and the fact that the car isn't even available with an automatic makes it more rather than less likely that an enthusiast is in the WRX. These cars can do zero to license revocation in record time, and even on NASIOC now there is pretty strong pressure against irresponsible street driving. There are plenty of opportunities for sanctioned competition and that's a big plus for the WRX compared to the LGT.

The 08+ WRX is a lot more refined than the previous years (the 08 got a little too refined). I regularly drive mine on 300+ mile days on New England roads and don't find it toy-like at all. It's really quite an amazing car. Some of you should go drive one instead of talking out of your fourth point of contact.

I work at a Subaru dealership. I'm in WRX's all the time and have driven every year of WRX produced in America. I know exactly what they can and can't do. And I get often when I'm taking either a WRX or STi on a test drive with a customer, some idiot wanting to race. Plus, some of my friends have WRX's and the get harassed to race all the time...I rarely get it. As far as being a toy....they are...That's not to say it's a bad thing. But they are a fun little car that almost everyone who buys one, will "mod" it to some extent. Not so much in the leggy. As far as being refined....I don't know about that. It's definately nicer inside that in years previous, but when compared to the legacy, it's still less refined.

being able to take pictures while driving? :lol:

Or not.

This is what makes up for the shape.

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/418072545_GFwYy-L.jpg

car for sale. PM me!

Archived