LegacyGT.com

Legacy #3, The Quickest Cars of 2009: $25k to $30k

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all a mustang cobra is not in anyway a mustang GT. Secodn N/A cars always suffer more due to altitude than forced induction cars. The 05+ mustang GT with a good driver is a 13.5 car close to sea level, i have never seen a lgt do that stock

Haha.....GANK! I havent heard that line in ages!

But yeah, good idea....:lol:

sooberoo, the '09 WRX now has 265 hp. Bigger turbo, bigger injectors than the '08. The '09 Impreza GT is about equivalent to the '08 WRX though.

| what 05GT Guru said as well...

V

-John

HAHA, yeah i havent really heard people use gank since my online video gameing days back in high school

HAHA, yeah i havent really heard people use gank since my online video gameing days back in high school

back in high school?

arent you barely out of high school?

car for sale. PM me!

Hahaha it's cool. I'm hardly outta high school myself. Hell, I've got two more years of college to go.

Yea, i dont have a problem only being 21 going on 22. but everyone above the age of 25 on here seems to have a problem, even if what im saying makes sense i still get the random post ahhhh arent you only 21. I have worked on alot more cars in more depth than quite a few of the elderly lgt community.

Yea, i dont have a problem only being 21 going on 22. but everyone above the age of 25 on here seems to have a problem, even if what im saying makes sense i still get the random post ahhhh arent you only 21. I have worked on alot more cars in more depth than quite a few of the elderly lgt community.

ahhh arent you only 21???

:lol::lol:

I like how it says the WRX is faster than the STi....I drove a 08 Sti last week.

It left me thinking either the STi isn't as fast as everyone thinks or my car makes more power than I thought.Overall I wasn't impressed for a $33,000 car,used.

The 08 STi (sold with rebates and discounts of up to $8,000) is disadvantaged in the straight line runs with the 6 speed. But with stiffer suspension, bigger tires, bigger brakes, 6 spd, DCCD, and 40 more hp, they're a lot faster on a track. When was the last time you went 0-60 on the street? The STi would destroy 30-80.

1. Subaru Impreza WRX

Base Price: $25,690

0-to-60-mph time: 4.7 sec

Quarter-mile time: 13.5 sec @ 102 mph

Highs: Amazing acceleration, minimal turbo lag, smooth ride, high refinement factor.

Lows: Smooth ride a little too soft in the corners, vague steering.

The Verdict: Quicker than its big brother, the STI, and it’s $10,000 less. That’s what we call a bargain.

:) Anyone who thinks this car has a smooth ride does not live in the snowbelt with potholes. Relatively well damped, though.

Subaru Impreza is #5 in the under $20,000 class with 0-to-60-mph time: 7.6 sec, Quarter-mile time: 15.9 @ 87 mph.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/quickest_cars_0_60_mph/the_quickest_cars_of_2009_25_000_to_30_000_feature/2009_mitsubishi_galant_ralliart/subimp_wrx_09_205_25/2049081-1-eng-US/subimp_wrx_09_205_25_gallery_image_large.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

oh hello, i'm another 20-something who drives an old man's car. :lol:

I think I have you beat...I'm probably the youngest on the board.

Just out of curiosity, why does the LGT seem to trap so low? I'm actually heading down the San Antonio Raceway next Wednesday to do a couple of runs, so I've been looking at E/T's and traps. Noticed they were sorta low for the E/T's.

Because AWD cars can be launched harder, which makes you 1/4miles time less obviously but it doesnt do much for your trap speed. If the lgt was RWD you wouldnt be able to launch it past 3k most likely or you would just spin your tires and the lgt would probably only run 14.5s @95-98mph if it wasnt AWD

Because AWD cars can be launched harder, which makes you 1/4miles time less obviously but it doesnt do much for your trap speed. If the lgt was RWD you wouldnt be able to launch it past 3k most likely or you would just spin your tires and the lgt would probably only run 14.5s @95-98mph if it wasnt AWD

Yeah I feel sorta dumb now, I was comparing it to the V6 Accord and Caliber SRT4 traps without realizing they are making much more power then a stock LGT. Thanks

Archived