LegacyGT.com

Cobb AP modification

E-Tank

I couldn't find any info on this. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a way of modifying a Cobb AP so it doesn't marry a single ECU? Are there any people out there that work with computer hardware and have figured out a way for the AP to "bless" more that one vehicle?

Hope it's not a stupid or redundant question.

Never heard of any cases, and if someone did find a case, I doubt they'd post it on here.

Most vendors, including Cobb, keep an eye on car message boards. Great way to get customer feedback without having to actually do anything. Also gives them ideas for new things to make.

Cobb shows their presence here (on LGT.com) especially in this Tuning forum. So I doubt someone would say if they found a way to hack the AP.

Yeah... I did a little more research. I'm sorry for even posting this question. To circumvent the license on an AP is equivalent to stealing from Cobb. That is not my prerogative. I'm just poor and got caught up in a "get hp quick scheme."

If you read this, Cobb, I'll be saving up for a fully licensed AP of my own.

Cobb makes great products and is very supportive of and helpful with the forum.

Glad to hear you reconsidered.

oh yeah. very supportive.:lol::lol::lol:

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I'm thankful Cobb made such a good product. I'm use to the pathetic chip replacement, ECU swaps, and other less useful tools/setups.

What I would like to see a video output option to display the AP info on a bigger screen! I wonder if it possible to use the micro usb port for the output and the normal size one to the dongle while attached to the car. I would install a LCD display in the center cubby area and operate or store the AP in the center console area.

PS. and 64-bit Vista driver support :(

There are USB to D-Sub connectors.

Could work, but the drivers on the AP end would have to support the resolutions and other stuff, prob wouldn't be to terribly hard to code if someone had open-source information... tho, it would be nice to put the display up on the in-car Navi!

I couldn't find any info on this. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a way of modifying a Cobb AP so it doesn't marry a single ECU? Are there any people out there that work with computer hardware and have figured out a way for the AP to "bless" more that one vehicle?

Hope it's not a stupid or redundant question.

quit being a cheap a55.

go do the tatrix cable and ots mapping.

quit being a cheap a55.

go do the tatrix cable and ots mapping.

He already said this in post 4

Yeah... I did a little more research. I'm sorry for even posting this question. To circumvent the license on an AP is equivalent to stealing from Cobb. That is not my prerogative. I'm just poor and got caught up in a "get hp quick scheme."

If you read this, Cobb, I'll be saving up for a fully licensed AP of my own.

Archived