LegacyGT.com

Picking up my new Spec.B tonight

Congrats! I wish i had color options when I picked up my spec :rolleyes:

Enjoy it. I'm heading to CO this weekend to get some riding in. Hope the conditions are good!

Me too. I wish we had more than just monochrome colors. But the DGM grew me.

Nice color thou. congrats.

I figure with enough upgrades I'll be able to compete with my friends (R8, Lotus Elise, 911 Turbo, RS4, etc) - yeah, I have rich friends!

Plan on doing a lot of upgrades then.

IMO don't try to compete with those cars. You'll go broke trying to keep up with them. Just enjoy yours.

rbtjason - I actually did get a really great deal on it. I basically got it for 2k less than dealer invoice (29k). As for the new stereo I'm a little disappointed. While it sounds great the issue is they moved the sub to the rear deck due to the nav system under the drivers seat. My 2.5i had the factory sub under the driver seat and it gave you MUCH more punchy bass. From the passenger seat the new stereo is slightly better but honestly only slightly. As I understand the 08 Spec.B didn't have a sub option at all so it's definitely better than that would be.

StoplightAssassin - I'm planning mostly suspension upgrades. I'm one of the better drivers in our group so even in my stock 350z I could keep up with them easily (and pass all but the R8 and 911 turbo). With upgraded brakes/suspension and racing slicks I'm sure I'll hang with them fairly easily. Down the road I plan to do the whole car, turbo/exhaust/CAI/headers, etc, etc.

-Ross

Congrats! You got a great deal on it. That's less than I paid for my 08. I guess some good is coming out of this crappy economy.

For the sub on pre-09s, you could just install the sub under the passenger seat. All you have to do is bend the mounting bracket.

Unfortunately Long Island she did have to sleep outside that first night. I just moved into a new house and my garage is crammed with furniture that I'm donating. The deal happened so quickly that I didn't have time to clear her a spot.

I rectified that the first chance I got (tonight) and she is now safely sleeping in the garage. We're headed to Beaver Creek, Keystone, and Vail over the next 4 days so she's going to get some time in the mountains. She is a Subaru after all...

As for the sub I doubt I'd spend any money on it but I think it's a far stretch to call it better. I'd rather save that cash for performance mods for the track...

Unfortunately Long Island she did have to sleep outside that first night. I just moved into a new house and my garage is crammed with furniture that I'm donating. The deal happened so quickly that I didn't have time to clear her a spot.

I rectified that the first chance I got (tonight) and she is now safely sleeping in the garage. We're headed to Beaver Creek, Keystone, and Vail over the next 4 days so she's going to get some time in the mountains. She is a Subaru after all...

As for the sub I doubt I'd spend any money on it but I think it's a far stretch to call it better. I'd rather save that cash for performance mods for the track...

I hope there's no snow! RE050's won't be happy.

Congrats and welcome as a fellow Ruby Red owner! I have to say, having driven both an 08 as well as owning the 09, I can say that the HK Stereo is pretty nice but due to the placement as well as the size of the sub, the bass isnt there at higher volumes as it would be with a seperate sub...nonetheless it sounds better than regular stock system!

congrats again! looks great...I think the spoiler makes the look better! (but I may be biased :-) )

Archived