LegacyGT.com

D stock Legacy GT

BlackGT05

I am currently setting up my car to run it in D stock auto x. Anyone else daring this? I have a set of Hoosiers and a 25mm Perrin front swaybar so far. Car has drastically improved handling wise the bar. The bar creates nice oversteer which makes the car all the more controllable. I have yet to run on the Hoosiers though. Last year i ran on Dunlop Star Spec's and was doing very well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in stock class, you are allowed to upgrade struts but not springs. so if invest in a set of koni struts. the allow you to retain your stock springs. they will be the single best upgrade you can do in stock class after r-comps and a good alignment.

This is my second year running DS in the Legacy. I was last years champ in Equipe Rapide our local Autox group. I pax top 15 out of about 110 cars normally.

My set-up is 225/45-17 Khumo V710's, a whiteline FSB and a set of rev B struts on stock springs. I am sure if you have any prepped Acura Type R's running the Legacy will not be very competative but everything else you can give a run for the money.

This is my second year running DS in the Legacy. I was last years champ in Equipe Rapide our local Autox group. I pax top 15 out of about 110 cars normally.

My set-up is 225/45-17 Khumo V710's, a whiteline FSB and a set of rev B struts on stock springs. I am sure if you have any prepped Acura Type R's running the Legacy will not be very competative but everything else you can give a run for the money.

No we dont have any Type R's running in Philly region:). Last few auto x's i have been placing in the top 20 pax out of at least 130 cars and that was on street tires. I can't wait to run on my Hoosier A6's. I use to auto x a WRX in STX for 3 years so i have so seat time under my belt.

I've been running DS in the street Tire class, 1.5 years in the Tennessee region, then half a year here after moving to Seattle. I've done pretty good with just RE-01R's and an alignment. I seem to always win when it's wet, but not so often in the dry. I'm trying to hold off till I finish paying off the car for more mods, but then I might jump to STX or ESP.

• 2 weeks later...
I am currently setting up my car to run it in D stock auto x. Anyone else daring this? I have a set of Hoosiers and a 25mm Perrin front swaybar so far. Car has drastically improved handling wise the bar. The bar creates nice oversteer which makes the car all the more controllable. I have yet to run on the Hoosiers though. Last year i ran on Dunlop Star Spec's and was doing very well.

Did you keep the stock endlinks? are aftermarket endlinks allowed in Stock?

Being in Pa im guessing you have been over to phoenix performance right? They race legacy gt's. Im sure they know every tweak you can do to them

Did you keep the stock endlinks? are aftermarket endlinks allowed in Stock?

As I understand it only the swaybar can be changed. I would get clarification from your local SCCA chapter before making the investment.

excerpt for the 2007 solo book for the stock class:

13.7 ANTI-ROLL (SWAY) BARS

A. For front anti-roll (sway) bars:

1. Substitution, addition or removal of any front anti-roll bars is

permitted.

2. Substitution, addition or removal of anti-roll bars may serve no

other purpose than that of an anti-roll bar.

3. The use of any bushing material is permitted.

4. No modification to the body, frame or other components to

accommodate anti-roll bar addition or substitution is allowed,

except for the drilling of holes for mounting bolts. Non-stan-

dard lateral members which connect between the brackets for

the bar are not permitted.

B. Rear anti-roll (sway) bars may not be removed, replaced, or

modified in any way.

• 4 weeks later...
Thourbow, you shifted into 3rd several times. Were you hitting the rev limiter in 2nd? I've never needed 3rd in an autocross. Redline is 7000 rpm which is about 65 mph in 2nd. I hit 6000 rpm in 2nd (58-60 mph?) in my last autocross.

No I didn't hit the rev limiter in second, but I did hit the rev limiter once in third! My first two timed runs were 102 and 101 seconds,trying to keep it in second most of the time. sifting early into third I got a 99.4 in that run. The track was in the shape of chocolate bunny with some very fast off camber sweepers and a few technical turns.. This even was organized buy our local BMW Club which then tend to favor bigger faster courses.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
I did pretty good i guess. I got first place in D stock. I had a 1.6 second margin between me and the second place guy. I need more camber up front though. My hoosiers are getting got a beating this weekend. I have to figure something out.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm running in STU. Current set up includes Konis, JDM rear sway bar, poly sway bar bushings all around and camber bolts up front. Car has -1.2 degrees camber up front and 0 toe at all four corners. I'm currently running on the stock tires which are defintely a time penalty, but since this was my first race my driving skills or there lack of surely is a greater time eater than my tires at this point. I ran 46 sec before the cone penalty.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAvVxo1oBXk]YouTube - Craig Rice 2009 DRSCCA Solo Memorial Day Event[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what the potential SCCA classes are for the legacy?

I'm running in the AWD class in the Milwaukee region and although I finished 3rd in points for the season last year (including some 2nd place finishes) this year's competition has got me beat ('09 STI and EVO X MR).

I'm still stock so I have a D-stock index in the AWD class (street tire only) but I was thinking about moddifying the car (stage two, some suspension work), but I want to avoid race tires, too expensive!

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj167/mattmw88/DSC_5939.jpg

Any help/comments are appreciated!

P.S. I now drive with all the windows closed...

Archived