LegacyGT.com

D stock Legacy GT

BlackGT05

The turn-in was better with the higher toe out, and 1/8th didn't affect the wear much at all. When I got my brand new tires, I dropped the toe out to 1/32 (basically 0 lol). When I get the car aligned this spring, I'll probably run an 1/8th again with -1.9 camber. Basically find a good shop that will work hard & take the time to get the camber maxed. I have the offset caster bushing kit, and that helped tremendously too. I think I'm up to around 6.5 deg of caster. If you get new wheels, you should go wider. It will help the steering response and contact patch. Although I am a bit rusty about how that affects classing.. haha I'm in ESP to stay now

-Franz

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ will wait on more experienced people :) but I've heard good things...

Not to thread-jack, but you mentioned earlier you wanted to mod to stg2, are you running any kind of tune now? I just went to my first autox, and have a stg1 tune, not sure if that changes me from D-Stock or not, and not finding any good info... any ideas? Thanks!!

... now, back to the strut question!!

I just went to my first autox, and have a stg1 tune, not sure if that changes me from D-Stock or not

How do you think?

It sure does. Not even STU legal. Go to ESP if you want the follow the rules. Having said that you'll probably get stomped in D-stock anyway, so nobody is gonna care of you're state1 or not, just unplug AP for the event.

How do you think?

It sure does. Not even STU legal. Go to ESP if you want the follow the rules. Having said that you'll probably get stomped in D-stock anyway, so nobody is gonna care of you're state1 or not, just unplug AP for the event.

lol, got stomped indeed.. first run skipped a slalom, plowed a corner, and managed to drag 2 cones across the finish line :lol: but I had an absolute blast, and am definitely going back for more (ended up like 14th or something out of 30 or so novices, and improved my time consistently)... The couple of people I talked to said the same thing: at this point it won't matter, just go out and have fun.. if anyone complains, give up your times and reclass.

It's an open-source tune, so no unplugging, but it's my own tune (based off a MickeyD stg1 map), and I'm almost as much of a novice at tuning as I am at auto-X... I guess I could reflash to the stock map for the next event.

Thanks for the info! Now time to read up more on the classifications, see if I have a chance or should re-tune to stock.

1Tm ds 98Yasu 2007 Mini cooper spepper white 57.216+4 56.082+3 57.212+1 57.465 57.465

2T ds 85Michael 2008 BMW 135iWhite 61.47960.021 58.271 57.849 57.849 (0.384)

3m ds 5Joe 2005 Subaru Legacy GTBlack 59.801+1 58.754 59.145+1 58.71958.719 (0.870)

wasnt too far off.

No i am not going Stage 2. No interest in that. All i want are some koni inserts which i will be picking up soon. I need to keep up with those mini's. Just looking to see if anyone on here saw there times come down after installing the struts. I know alot of people on the forums have said they felt better. Most people do not drive to the limit though. So i cannot see them knowing the real difference.

BlackGT

I ran stock springs over Konis last year in STU. It works fine and improves the ride over all. If you can find a set of used iON springs to put over the Konis you will be much more impressed. The LGT needs more spring rate to help reduce front camber loss in the corners. When I ran my stock springs last year the outside edges of my Direzzas took a beating. Hopefully the iON will help reduce this wear some.

edit just saw 5eat
:lol:

lol... Actually, that didn't really hinder me... never left 2nd gear...

I was more referring to my driving skills, that being my first time, I'm sure the car can be competitive.

I know I'm tearing the heck out of my tires with the stock springs/struts, but they also have over 80K on them and are pretty spongy

• 2 weeks later...
Got the koni's finally on the car. Koni's improved my times by over a second. Mini beat me by thousandths of a second. I placed 13th in PAX out of 120 drivers or so. Top drivers in PAX are all national competitors. The car feels great. I now believe it can be competitive.

Archived