LegacyGT.com

launching... how bad is it?

legacygtkc

I am definitely not on my OEM clutch anymore.. I think that was gone at like 25-30k?? I am on my third clutch. My second was a Spec, and now my third is an ACT. The ACT clutch makes more noise, the clutch works good just always squeaking or chirping like a bird sometimes. I will probably go back to all Spec stuff when I need another clutch.

78K miles on the OEM still? wow! With doing the turbo upgrade, I think I'll want to have a better clutch... better clutch, better times. ;)

and yes, LGTKC, we're talking about launching at the track.

Correction to my post, 68,000 miles on the stocker. I must have gotten a good one! Unlike most here, I have little to complain about the stock clutch except for the occasional stench if I screw up a launch.

BTW, AKLGT your vehicle description cracks me up...... "hatch thing" :lol:

I think they look cool, just my opinion.

^^i got it for u

Maybe this video will tell you if its bad or not.

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4945545771210383944&ei=P6epSbPHHZHEqQKA-7CgCw&q=subaru+sti+breaks+rear+axle+during+launch&hl=en]Subaru STi Breaks Rear Axle During Launch[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

haha I knew it was that video..

Anyways I tried to launch in my car but my 5MT has almost 200,000 on it so I slip more then just letting the clutch slam up..

However the 1-2 shift with WOT throttle causes the whole car to buck.. 2-3 is not so bad.

Archived