LegacyGT.com

Cheapest way to go stage 2

Pricci09

Cheapest stage 2 is a opensource tune you can flash the ecu using a laptop. You will need to buy a cable. You can find them from people online im sure some people on this forums sell them cheap. And of course gutting the cat in the up pipe and the first down pipe cat. All and all it should come too 200-300 bucks for everything.

Guest JessterCPA
Srsly, why would you want to do this on such an extreme budget? Why jeopardize your vehicle like this? Be patient and do it right is my opinion.

Srsly, why would you want to do this on such an extreme budget? Why jeopardize your vehicle like this? Be patient and do it right is my opinion.

I never said i was on an extreme budget, I was asking for alternatives to buying an accessport. what is your definition of "doing it right"?

Guest JessterCPA
I never said i was on an extreme budget, I was asking for alternatives to buying an accessport. what is your definition of "doing it right"?

Fair enough. Doing it right to me would mean buying all of the right quality parts (done less expensively by buying good useed parts, as mentioned before), getting the right tune by knowledgeable people.

Listen, I'm a cheap bastard. I do not spend dollar 1 on a car that I do not have to anymore. I see where you are coming from. That's why I tend to keep my cars stock, rather than trying to do things on the cheap the wrong way.

I guess OS tuning if done wrong could theoretically blow up your motor. But buying a used DP/UP or gutting your own does not realy jeopoldize anything IMO. Gutting will leave very little HP on the table with a basic stage 2 setup, I ran a gutted DP for about 1 year with no ill effects.

I went stage 2 for a total of about $200. That includes a tactrix cable and new downpipe gaskets. I got really lucky though having someone tune it for me. You could use a map on romraider that's meant for your car and tweak it yourself, or spend $100-$200 more on a pro-tune.

has anyone dyno'd this super cheap stage 2? I'm curious how much of a difference there is between this and dropping the extra $400 for a real DP.

Just guessing, but I would say with a cobb catted dp, you could get 10 more whp or so.. With a fully catless dp maybe 15?

Archived