LegacyGT.com

Best Pizza in Anaheim/SoCal

Drew888

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen more fake italians than real italians in NYC. :lol:

:lol::lol: ever since the sopranos man

This has nothing to do with NYC, Italians, or the magic water.

It's not "magic" water dude, it's just different water. NYC water is different from PA water is different from Florida water & so on & so on.

I know for a fact it's the water & as I said, it's the same reason you can't get bagels or bread outside of NYC that tastes the same either.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, but it's fact.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

*shrug* There is a Chicago-style pizza restaurant here whose owner claims the same thing about the water. He claims that he has tested Chicago water for mineral content, etc., and chose his Sacramento-area locations for their similarity to Chicago water. Being somewhat of an amateur chef myself, I can totally understand how water can make a difference in any bread product.

As far as EyeTalians go, the only ones I know are from Brooklyn by way of New Jersey, and they like really crappy Chinese food more than any EyeTalian food. And they won't touch Mexican food with a 10-foot fork.

Maybe one of you East-coast EyeTalians can 'splain that to me.

-- Steve

(1/2 Portugese, 1/2 Brit, born in California)

Guest JessterCPA
As far as EyeTalians go, the only ones I know are from Brooklyn by way of New Jersey, and they like really crappy Chinese food more than any EyeTalian food. And they won't touch Mexican food with a 10-foot fork.

I'll try this one.

From my experience, NJ Italians do not go out to eat regular Italian. You eat that stuff at home. Maybe go out for a fancy Italian meal? Sure.

And our whole state eats crappy, generic Chinese Food. No good authentic stuff in NJ.

And just about anything else, French, Japanese, Mexican, is not up for consideration. Heck my mother-in-law insisted the Portugese food she ate was spicy becuse it had "Spanich Oil" in it just like Mexican food. :rolleyes:

Ok...

listen up my Suby peeps (for christs sake)...

Brooklyn Pizza is the "NAME" of the place...OMG no one reads any more (I should have put quotes around it... in crayon).

The magic water reference was a pun...just tryin to make a light statement that we need to get back on topic (lame humor).

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

*shrug* There is a Chicago-style pizza restaurant here whose owner claims the same thing about the water. He claims that he has tested Chicago water for mineral content, etc., and chose his Sacramento-area locations for their similarity to Chicago water. Being somewhat of an amateur chef myself, I can totally understand how water can make a difference in any bread product.

-- Steve

(1/2 Portugese, 1/2 Brit, born in California)

you do realize it's not cool to say eye-talian right? :rolleyes:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Ok...

listen up my Suby peeps (for christs sake)...

Brooklyn Pizza is the "NAME" of the place...OMG no one reads any more (I should have put quotes around it... in crayon).

The magic water reference was a pun...just tryin to make a light statement that we need to get back on topic (lame humor).

OK

for Christ's sake, I'm not retarded :rolleyes: I know that's the name of the place. I didn't think they somehow moved Brooklyn to California

I'll try this one.

From my experience, NJ Italians do not go out to eat regular Italian. You eat that stuff at home. Maybe go out for a fancy Italian meal? Sure.

And our whole state eats crappy, generic Chinese Food. No good authentic stuff in NJ.

And just about anything else, French, Japanese, Mexican, is not up for consideration. Heck my mother-in-law insisted the Portugese food she ate was spicy becuse it had "Spanich Oil" in it just like Mexican food. :rolleyes:

You've explained it pretty well Jesse

I rarely go out for "Italian" food because to me that's just food. That's what I eat at home all the time. To me it's the same how you guys wouldn't go out to have meatloaf in a restaurant unless you just didn't feel like cookin.

everyone eats chinese food, the cheaper the better.

That's only the old folks that won't eat anything else though. I regularly go out for mexican or sushi & stuff like that because it's different than anything you'd make at home for yourself (unless that's your customary food).

Guest JessterCPA
That's only the old folks that won't eat anything else though. I regularly go out for mexican or sushi & stuff like that because it's different than anything you'd make at home for yourself (unless that's your customary food).

I'll agree 100% with this, except for Bergen County Italians who think that even though they are 3rd Generation in this country, anything but red sauce & pasta is a crime.

I'll agree 100% with this, except for Bergen County Italians who think that even though they are 3rd Generation in this country, anything but red sauce & pasta is a crime.

:lol::lol::lol: even those are getting to be few & far between.

Except of course for the ones that think they're in the mafia because they watched the sopranos :lol:

Guest JessterCPA
:lol::lol::lol: even those are getting to be few & far between.

Except of course for the ones that think they're in the mafia because they watched the sopranos :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Us Tri-State guys will trade you SoCal guys our fantastic pizza for some of that amazing authentic Mexican food you have down there. /drool

nah, we'll take an order of ladies from Huntington beach actually ;)

The O.C. chicks are mostly all spoiled brats with sugar daddies and attidudes. So Cal locals prefer the wholesome mid-west transplant chicks. Otherwise unless you got a lot of cash or look like Kelly Slater...you ain't got game for most of them.

i have got to find-out where a can find me a chick like ^

:wub:

The O.C. chicks are mostly all spoiled brats with sugar daddies and attidudes. So Cal locals prefer the wholesome mid-west transplant chicks. Otherwise unless you got a lot of cash or look like Kelly Slater...you ain't got game for most of them.

i have got to find-out where a can find me a chick like ^

:wub:

you guys get midwest transplants too? We got tons of em here. They're fun for a bit but useless & tend to go home eventually

What the hell is so bad in MW that every is transplanting themselves? :iam:

I dunno why they go to cali but we have Friends & Sex & the City to thank for them all coming out here :lol:

Archived