LegacyGT.com

FM 97.1 listeners - Leykis, Carolla, Frosty/Heidi&Frank all getting canned!

edkwon

All the talk show guys from 97.1 are being fired as the station is trying to save money flipping it to yet another top 40 station. I was hearing Carolla talk about it this morning, dont know how long it'll take before the axe drops, this really sucks, i've been listening to carolla every morning on the way to work and I love his stuff

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2009/02/klsx-going-top.html

Yeah found out earlier as I was getting off work. Listening to Leykis right now. Technically they're not getting canned...they'll still get paid to sit out for the rest of their contracts. Frosty, Heidi and Frank had the same thing happen to them a few years back before switching over to KLSX from Star 87.

Tomorrow is the last day for The Tom Leykis Show guys...only 3 to 5pm, though. But they've decided to make it FLASH FRIDAY. Make sure to turn on your headlights all day long!! :D

carolla isn't getting any luck, first the top gear america gets canceled now this.

Was he really going to host Top Gear America?

Uggghhh...that guy is joker...the other guy, too. his butt buddy....I forgot his name.

Rehab is for quitters.

Frosty, Heidi and Frank had the same thing happen to them a few years back before switching over to KLSX from Star 87.

As I recall though, they were pulled off the air for being too crude, or something like that.

I used to listen to them daily but that was probably 4 years ago. Got kinda old.

Archived