LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT official debut

I spoke with my local dealer. I realize that alot of this has been said before, but want to give exactly what my dealer told me..... #1....Each dealer will recieve 2 GTs (or maybe an XT and a GT) #2....At a date and time set by Subaru of America, there will be an official unveiling. #3....All models, colors, options and accessories will be made available at that time. This will be first week in June, or second at the latest. This is the official unveiling, a sort of country-wide thing.

Huh? That seems kinda odd.. what are they doing to "unveil" it besides show it at every major auto show, have press ride alongs and give it out to the magazines? :lol: Not saying that you are wrong whatsoever.. but I think it's been unveiled. Poor SOA, trying to milk the legacy. Maybe they have more riding on it than we all expected?

I currently own and 03 Forester XS, and I just received my dealerships Invitation to the dealership debute event on June 3rd here in Vancouver BC But this is only a private showing, as we will not get the delivery until later on in the summer :( We here in Vancouver had the legacies at our autoshow back in Early April, but all the doors were locked and we can't go sit in them :( So this will be great.. then I can really get a feel of how the interior feels in person. I have already put a big fat red circle around my calender and basically canceled out all my plans on that day lol~ can't wait to see it in person. This will help me decide if the extra 6-7k CDN will be worth it or not for me to get a Mazda 6 Sport, or the Legacy GT sedan

This is very strange considering there are people who have actually purchased them. BTW, I just saw an Outback XT Ltd. in Atlantic Blue and Granite Grey with the 5EAT on my way home from the store. The bad part...it was parked at the side of the road with it's hazard lights on and no one in it. Yikes, hope it's not broke down already! :lol: :lol: -Ian

[quote name='goneskiian']This is very strange considering there are people who have actually purchased them. BTW, I just saw an Outback XT Ltd. in Atlantic Blue and Granite Grey with the 5EAT on my way home from the store. The bad part...it was parked at the side of the road with it's hazard lights on and no one in it. Yikes, hope it's not broke down already! :lol: :lol: -Ian[/quote] Sheesh! That's not good.. [quote name='Harlem']I currently own and 03 Forester XS, and I just received my dealerships Invitation to the dealership debute event on June 3rd here in Vancouver BC But this is only a private showing, as we will not get the delivery until later on in the summer We here in Vancouver had the legacies at our autoshow back in Early April, but all the doors were locked and we can't go sit in them So this will be great.. then I can really get a feel of how the interior feels in person. I have already put a big fat red circle around my calender and basically canceled out all my plans on that day lol~ can't wait to see it in person. This will help me decide if the extra 6-7k CDN will be worth it or not for me to get a Mazda 6 Sport, or the Legacy GT sedan[/quote] Please make sure you get plenty of pics of the cars when you go. We sure could use more media on this site ASAP.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'] Please make sure you get plenty of pics of the cars when you go. We sure could use more media on this site ASAP.[/quote] I'll do what I can :P I do notice that most ppl are interested in the GT Limited version of the Legacies and there are very little of the base GT with the cloth seats... which is also the version that I am looking for should I do get a Legacy... but I'm really wondering how the interior looks like w/o the leather.. and there arn't very many pictures of it... or.. if there are any at all... :lol:

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']It won't be scarce.. I wouldn't worry about it. You will always be able to order whatever you want too.[/quote] Exactly. That's why I ordered mine. You get exactly what you want. Kevin

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Actually I am not strapped for cash, well, not too bad. Hence I will be getting the LTD Wagon. I suppose I should keep my vital organs since they are.. vital. :lol:[/quote] I'd sell my left nut to get one right away. Since I had been in Latin America for so long, you could then just call me "uno".

[quote name='PPower'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']Actually I am not strapped for cash, well, not too bad. Hence I will be getting the LTD Wagon. I suppose I should keep my vital organs since they are.. vital. :lol:[/quote] I'd sell my left nut to get one right away. Since I had been in Latin America for so long, you could then just call me "uno".[/quote] UNO! That's funny, but it's not vital... You would just be shooting out of either torpedo tube 1 or 2 :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Derbagger']I spoke with my local dealer. I realize that alot of this has been said before, but want to give exactly what my dealer told me..... #1....Each dealer will recieve 2 GTs (or maybe an XT and a GT) #2....At a date and time set by Subaru of America, there will be an official unveiling. #3....All models, colors, options and accessories will be made available at that time. This will be first week in June, or second at the latest. This is the official unveiling, a sort of country-wide thing.[/quote] Back on topic...I guess this date is June 29th? A local dealer sent me a post card yesterday inviting me to an "official unveiling" of the new Legacy from 6-9 PM on the 29th. Unfortunately, I'll be at the Phils game that night. Maybe it'll get rained out. :) Hopefully this means they'll start having the sedans in stock. So far the dealers i've spoken to have been nonchalant - "We'll get a few in, see how they sell"

Archived