LegacyGT.com

my first mod whats the best intake for my 05' LGT

MDKSDMF

best Sound and Performance without having to get a reflash right away...

From what you described, you want the SPT. It will hurt your performance but it's loud as hell. Subaru also SAYS it will work with a stock tune.

i have heard that it will hurt your performance. would you know how much of a loss is possible with the SPT? if not is there another other than the SPT that might not hurt me as much performance wise? if its like 5whp. i think i can deal with that. Im guessing a good tune someday could recover the initial loss of hp.

Losing hp, wrong direction.

ya but its a few hp's..i am interested in hearing my turbo a little more without throwin a code. i just got my license back after numerous speeding tickets. its for the best that i not be too concerned with power right now, then in the future when i am ready to get and accesport or a tune then i;;l swithc over to something more suitable.

what did you use to cap off the hole? i noticed they also have like a kit where you can remove the front of air box and it comes with like a steel mesh panel filter thats held in place. it sounds shady but practical. what do you think. im prob going to go with SPT. just cause of the no CEL

I dont get any codes. But i put AC wire mesh to cover the hole. If you liek the SPT then go with it. its covered by warrenty anyway. Also you should get the heat sheld as well as the spt intake is subject to massive heat soak. There is where the main loss is.

This dealer has a good price for both.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-LEGACY-2-5GT-XT-SPT-HIGH-FLOW-AIR-INTAKE-SYSTEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ150177441972QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i work at subaru and got a hella deal on the spt intake and heatsheild. sounds verrry loud. I had a custom tune done to work around the intake and it runs very smooth and pulls ALOT harder. If you get the intake just make sure you get a tune when you get the money... its well worth it.

If you do modds and get a tune you will be fine and you can hear your turbo .

Thanks.

http://somecallmeduh.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/captainobvious.jpg

:lol:

i work at subaru and got a hella deal on the spt intake and heatsheild. sounds verrry loud. I had a custom tune done to work around the intake and it runs very smooth and pulls ALOT harder. If you get the intake just make sure you get a tune when you get the money... its well worth it.

ya thats what im leaning towards based on my financial status the reflash or tune will be purchased after the intake. I figure that a tune would compensate for the supposed power loss that people are claiming with the SPT. and to think that i actually said that i would never mod a car again after i lost my license and sold my cobalt ss. This forum is great and very addictive!!!

Try doing the intake silencer delete. You might be thinking of that mod where you cut your box in half and mesh it. That is stupid, it lets in hot engine air and will hurt performance. All the intake silencer delete does is take off the big hollow ball off the bottom of the intake box but leaves the box in tact just makes a hole in the bottom. It is before the filter so you won't have to worry about dirt getting in the engine because it still has to pass the filter.

It's free so do that first. If it's not loud enough get a intake. But if it is loud enough you just saved yourself some money.

Archived