LegacyGT.com

Transmission & Differential fluids: what do you all use ?

f1anatic

What brand of synthetic gear oil do you use ?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of synthetic gear oil do you use ?

• Redline
    • Royal Purple
    • Amsoil
    • Motul
    • Valvoline
    • Subaru Extra-S
    • Mobil
    • Other synthetic oil (please specify which one!)
    • Uncle Scotty Mix - or - My Own Mix (please explain !)
    • Mineral oil; I do not use synthetic.

I used RP Synchromax on my old 97 Cobra and it worked great. Definitely reduced a lot of the grinding on shifts I had.

Subaru gets regular ATF, haven't changed the front diff fluid yet as I only have 36k

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...

I put some Walmart brand in the front and rear at about 36k. It was better than the stuff that was in it. Then my clutch went out at 51k, so I put extra S in the front and I have to say it is pretty good. But I also put in Perrin shifter bushing and a STI pitch rod at the same time. So who knows. But I did notice that is shifts easier while cold compared to the Walmart stuff. The Walmart stuff was hard to shift into 1st and 2nd the first few times, but then it was fine less than a mile down the road. But then again I'm in Wisconsin and it is cold as hell here.

I'll probably keep putting the extra S in the front, unless I can't find it. Otherwise I'll go back to the Walmart stuff. If your changing the fluids a lot the Walmart stuff would be fine. Or if it was warmer out I'd run the Walmart stuff.

Archived