LegacyGT.com

How much?

ladysmanfelpz

• 2 weeks later...
okay so ive got a 2000 leg outback i want a 5?6 speed i miss my manual trans my cousin had a manual 99 leg wagon...not sure on the trim but it got totalled cracked the engine block and over half of the trans went in the scrap heap after i scooped it off the road that day. i have yet to see a leg (wagon) with a manual trans. do they make them and how hard would it be to put one in. i like my car.....no i love my car but i want something i can drive with i hate having the auto it takes too much effort and money to make the car do what i want.

okay so ive got a 2000 leg outback i want a 5?6 speed i miss my manual trans my cousin had a manual 99 leg wagon...not sure on the trim but it got totalled cracked the engine block and over half of the trans went in the scrap heap after i scooped it off the road that day. i have yet to see a leg (wagon) with a manual trans. do they make them and how hard would it be to put one in. i like my car.....no i love my car but i want something i can drive with i hate having the auto it takes too much effort and money to make the car do what i want.
Read what has been said above. It is more work than it is worth to do a swap. You can do it if you really want to... But it is a big project and not at all worth it.

so im getting from the forums numerous threads and also talking to a Subaru dealership senior repair technician that ALL Subaru vehicles are not easily or cheaply modified.....that has to be my only complaint which in reality it less of a complaint and more of a.....idk its not like it matters my outback its great the way it is im just a tweaker i like to change things build things modify that kinda thing. i was previously told that any of the EJ25 series motors would fit my car now ive learned the correct answer is that the difference in some of the motors would actually make the swap impossible and most of the motors would be worth very little because of the amount of money and labor it would take to make the car run correct. i guess i need to be less of a tweaker with my outback and worry more about my bike and my lowrider for something to tweak.

it costs anywhere between $4k and $8k to do an A/T to M/T tranny swap, depending on the tranny you pick and the parts involved.

I looked into it for my 5EAT...possibilities are just go IPT tranny rebuild (around $5k) or the swap. but thats not till down the line...

Archived