LegacyGT.com

My first audio install...EVER! was interesting...still not quite complete

chizzam

Yes same kit. I bought it from AVO too. Comes with the metal adapter as well. Be aware they may have it backordered. You will have to do some slight mods to it for it to fit perfectly (nothing too difficult) I took pics of my install and mods needed so pm me if any questions.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes same kit. I bought it from AVO too. Comes with the metal adapter as well. Be aware they may have it backordered. You will have to do some slight mods to it for it to fit perfectly (nothing too difficult) I took pics of my install and mods needed so pm me if any questions.

Okay, thanks for the info! Will let you know.:)

The minor mods are as follows: Slight trimming of the plastic piece inside the cubby in order for the single din radio to fit (easily done with a hack saw blade and 15 min of your time). Also the actual radio bezel That fits into the stock Air vent bezel has two pastic tabs that need to be removed. I also had to superglue it on as the press fit left a small gap . In the end it looks great and not hard to do.

So, if I want to re-install the cubby someday cause I want to go double DIN, I'll be able or not ?

Also, do I need this part http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_id=102 or this part http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_54_60&products_id=115 ? If I buy one of both, do not need anythings else (except wiring, I know) ?

Great thanks !

Not sure about the difference but it appears the first version does not have the radio bracket and the second one does (for $ 10 more) you should call or email AVO to clarify. You only need to buy the second version which comes with both bracket and radio bezel. Contact SVDX (another member for the forward and reverse wiring harnesses needed to do this.

You can easliy change the cubby back to stock later

I may do the DD eventually myself

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived