LegacyGT.com

Exedy Clutch reviews?

AngryLitho

• 6 months later...
Almost none existent. Still grips as like the first day. Actually the clutch and tranny has held up better than the engine did.:lol: So I'm out a car for a little while. When I bump up the turbo setup and push more, I'll probably go with their 3 puck Stage 2 setup, but that won't be for a while. Anyways, it's held up a drive across country and plenty of dumps and hard pulls, let's say "spirited" driving.;)

• 3 months later...

I am interested in this setup as well. Exedy makes the oem clutches so I would assume there should be no fitment issues. The price is also quite a bit less than the ACT clutch that is otherwise so popular.

AngryLitho, still happy? Getting any noise during deaccelleration?

After everything that's gone on, I'm still impressed. I just recently got the car back, VF52 now. When the clutch was pulled and everything some of the friction plate was starting to wear, and there were a couple hot spots on the fly, but nothing outside the norm for my "spirited" driving. I haven't had any slip and the chattering is gone, so all in all I'm still impressed. Once I get the VF52 broken in and dial everything in I'll probably go with stage 2 setup just to be safe side. That won't be for some time, 6-8 month deployment coming up.

Thanks AngryLitho. Have fun with that VF52. If my vf40 takes a dump, that would be what I would replace it with. Not really sure you need a bigger clutch with that turbo tho, it is not THAT much bigger than the vf40. I would definitely put in bigger injectors tho, and possibly a bigger fuel pump, tho the stock one might be ok. And get a protune!

I am definitely getting pretty convinced that the Exedy stage 1 is what I want. Organic material for long life and resistance to high temperature is best for street driving, especially the occasional stop and go that really heats up the clutch. And with 40% more clamping force than oem, should be more than enough to handle stage 2 and even a bigger turbo. Might take a short time to get used to, but not worried about that.

Stay safe where ever they are sending you, and have a great new year :)

Thanks Scoop, I've got all the works, just waiting till I get back to get the protune, VF52, 750CC, and AVO 245lph pump. I did notice one thing though last night, it doesn't like the cold, takes a minute to loosen up and engage, but that's also PNW cold weather at like 3 in the AM, so yea. I hope you enjoy it, and have a good New Year's.

Archived