LegacyGT.com

Spec B roof rails delete?

redline76

Anyone else notice that the Spec Bs have eliminated the roof rack? I wonder if there's a factory molding that can be purchased which would fill the gap left by the missing rails.

I know guys with WRX wagons do this all the time, although the procedure is a bit involved, what with dropping the headliner and all.

silvergt2.jpg.0d82a70a1b516371c3059f1ba7c2b4e1.jpg

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, they are chrome- I haven't seen one without the rails yet. I'd like to get a set of GT wagon roof rails to swap onto my Outback XT.

yes, but it looks like the legacy would need bodywork to fill the holes under the rails, unlike the WRX wagon which has the rain gutter trim to go over the actual mounting holes.

be nice if subaru would use the Porsche 911 style roof rack mounts. Basicly there is 4 removable sections to the rain gutter trim. Once removed you bolt the up-rights to the roof rack in them. Done with the roof rack? pull it off, and put the sections back in and you have a smooth top car again.

I haven't seen any shots of the car from a better perspective to confirm, but it appears to me as if there is a painted molding where the rails would be. I can't imagine that they would have four different roof designs for the wagon (2 w/sunroof, 2 w/o), given every manufacturer's concerns for holding down costs these days.

• 5 months later...
There is a moulding that you can purchase from Japan or the UK it's about $500 for a set. I was planning of doing this but removing the stock roof rail is a PITA, you need to remove the headliner to access the fasteners.

Archived