LegacyGT.com

has anyone here used kitty hair before?

rallispec

i dont know what i'm going to do. I'm still tossing around ideas in my head. Fiberglass is the first thing that came to my mind though.

at least my thought right now is to do this -

1) pull out the cubby unit, take off the door that flips down.

2) maybe take a dremel and do a bit of a hack job to the center part to open it up a little

3) take some styrofoam or something similar and build up what i want it to look like and get it fit into place

4) use that as a mold and cover it with the kitty hair

5) paint to match interior - put back in car.

I've seen the guys on the custom car shows do this to create custom dashboards when they add in those huge LCD monitors - but have never atttempted anything like it my self. I just really want to get it to the point where the XM unit looks like it belongs there - with a nice clean, finished center unit.

Would really not recommend this stuff, unless you need its strength? It is a good product, but not really meant for finish work...it will require a huge amount of sanding/filling you will defiantly be better off using stretched flece or a foam mold...i am sure there are a bunch of places on line that can help you out, google is your friend...and cant wait to see it!!

the only reason the kitty hair came to mind is becuase i had seen similar projects done with it on TV. It looks like the fleece / resin method is probably better suited for what i want to.

I'll definetly post pics once i get started -- and please, anyone that has anymore information on this or any tips - please let me know. Thanks!

Archived