LegacyGT.com

That frickin engine bay!

This is why i like old cars better. The bonnet line is low, and the splitter moulds directly to the IC like it should. I HATE and engine bay with useless crap in it.

lol besides for the rattle, I think the engine cover makes our engine look rather sophisticated. lol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two things: Turns out Rao was right about those lines bumping. So I ended up putting 2 pieces of the fuzzy part of the velcro on my engine bay. This way when they do vibrate, its cushioned. Also, my HID ballast that I had zip tied on the passenger side of my car was very loose. I take it that was probably hitting stuff down there. I ended up velcroing that beast to the chassis. Velcro is pretty much amazing.

lol besides for the rattle, I think the engine cover makes our engine look rather sophisticated. lol

Lipstick on a... :rolleyes:

I can take that it may be taking care of some leak of air into the IC, but covering the engine otherwise is just for looks and is mostly in the way when you want to check things.

453747.png

I've been back and forth on the reasoning with this myself. I mean...there is a "seal" of sorts with the engine cover on, so it stands to reason that it does something besides JUST make the engine look cleaner/nicer etc. Though I've noticed no difference in performance running without the thing. (butt dyno only) I have no real clue from a scientific or mechanical/automotive perspective. Therefore, I leave the stupid thing on and leave the benefit of the doubt to Subaru. Though.......????

Subscribed in hopes that this uncovers that we really don't need the dumb thing so I can stop losing pop-its every time I need to remove it. Which isn't very often...but still.

Archived