LegacyGT.com

I did a few searches and couldn't come up with much as far as radiator hoses went. But I was wondering if anybody had tried to fit hoses from a WRX or an RS on our 2.5i's? I saw these hoses from SPT: www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=350, and in the description you will notice it says it fits 02-07 Impreza WRX, RS or 2.5i.

Would that mean our vehicles as well? I mean, the hoses are off right now since my engine is taken apart. They look almost exactly the same, though maybe sliiiight differences with the smaller hose. If these SPT ones worked, you could get some Samco Sport ones for a lot less than they are charging for these.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd show you a picture of the stock ones, but they're at the garage right now. They were corroding pretty bad, especially the longer one. I don't like the idea of corroding radiator hoses haha. Pretty much I'm doing this only because of the engine rebuild, and because the guy doing the work said it would be wise to switch them out.

You're not going to see more performance from switching them out, just reliability and some style since you can get whatever color hoses you want, not the ugly rubber crappy ones. Silicone hoses aren't going to corrode or degrade like the stock plumbing eventually will.

So here's what I ended up getting as far as radiator hoses go.

Brand is "OBX". Some knock off manufacturer on Ebay, but I mean they are silicone radiator hoses - Its nearly impossible to mess somethign that simple up. They were red like I wanted, and only $45.

They were marketed as 02+ WRX radiator hoses, but as I already posted these are the same as the 2.5i and GT radiator hoses. These should look good, and should not corrode like the stock hoses did.

hoses.thumb.jpg.d111c6b5944d1b8291b0cf8efd5824c3.jpg

Archived