LegacyGT.com

Battle wagon got hit last night....

*c/p'd from my other board*

Well, stopped at Iga/better value in canterbury last night for literally 2 minutes to get meds for Angie since she's sick. Finished cashing out and an older couple come running in asking who drives the white subaru with a hoodscoop.... great.

"Someone just hit your car, hurry!"

I scuffle outside.... no one there

"We got her plate for you. She backed right up into it, laughed, shrugged her shoulders and took off!"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"It was a black volvo station wagon, female driver, plate number 916-XCE"

She caved in the ENTIRE passenger rear door somehow....

I thank the couple and go on my way. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, so I didn't bother calling the cops. Why you ask? Because the incident happened on private property and they won't even file a report on the matter. So.... I'm mounting my own investigation. I have the plate number, so I'm gonna find out all the info I can on that end. My car is in the body shop right now getting an estimate done, and to put it simply, this woman is going to have me end up on her doorstep in a not-so-pleasant manner.

If anyone has bad news for me today just wait to tell me. I might be forced to kill you.

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/Dusty_B_leggygt/fuckkkkkk.jpg

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/Dusty_B_leggygt/fuckkkkkkk2.jpg

It's tough to tell from the pics but the whole door really does curve/cave in, and the bottom of the door isn't sealing since it got pushed out when the impact occured. I think the large dent may be able to be popped for the time being without paint chipping.

EDIT: Body shop called. Needs a whole new door.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm just call your insurance company, and file a claim

They'll contact the person in charge and can look up the plate # for you.

Then they will wait 15 business days for the person to respond/deny it.

If you have the witness.. hopefully you got the old couple's name/address/phone.

Then it's evidence against them... in the mean time you pay your deductable from the insurance agent.. and then they'll get the rest ($500 or whatever your deductable is) from the other person's insurance company.

Don't bother going out on your own.. too much hassle.

File a police report if you can, doesn't matter if it's private property, but you mention the place/time and the witness as well as their plate. It'll go on record and you'll be covered.

You should have called the police regardless. That it happened on a private property shouldn't have been any kind of excuse for not showing up. Otherwise you could get away with anything just because it's private property.

Even if they doesn't do anything it's good to have it filed with them for any insurance claim.

453747.png

Hey man,

Sorry to hear what happened. regardless on what property it's on it still a HIT-AND-RUN. Especially if you have that nice older couple as a witness.

Call the cops on the woman, let her explain to the police why she chose to do that, and let the cops explain that they have several people whom saw her hit your car. You could always file a civil suit against her.

Good luck with this man.

Thanks for all the repsonses guys. I did in fact contact the canterbury pd and I called the Iga supermarket manager. The pd still said there was nothing they could do! The Iga manager said they do have outside security cams and he is going to go through the tapes to make sure they got it on video and get back to me.

Insurance company will probably do nothing. Kiss your $500. deductible goodbye. This girl needs to be taught a lesson. Bad enough she can’t drive and hits your car, but to laugh about it. Nobody should mess with a Legacy and get away.

edit : Insurance company will do something...

raise your rates.

Really? The police won't do anything about it on private property? Especially with witnesses and plate #'s.

I'm happy there's still people out there who will take the time to get the plates and let you know. Then again, anyone who hits another person's car and takes off really pisses me off. If I ever hit someone's car without them around I would definitely leave a note. I have some morals.

At my college a few months back I parked next to a black EK civic with a caravan on the other side of it. Went to my classes for half the day, saw the girl in the van back up without checking in front of her and sideswiped the poor car. I watched her take off like a bandit. I wrote down the details and the plates and put it under her wiper with my number and the details. A few hours later the civic owner called me and thanked me. She filed a police report and it was on private property.

But definitely don't pay her car a visit. I'm fairly sure the insurance should take care of it. and you shouldn't pay a deductible if she hit you and they catch her. If not Uninsured/under insured motorist coverage should apply here.

"It was a black volvo station wagon, female driver, plate number 916-XCE"

So.... I'm mounting my own investigation. I have the plate number, so I'm gonna find out all the info I can on that end. My car is in the body shop right now getting an estimate done, and to put it simply, this woman is going to have me end up on her doorstep in a not-so-pleasant manner.

http://ezinearticles.com/?License-Plate-Search---How-to-Trace-License-Plate-Numbers-Online&id=478904

It will cost you between $25-200 to find her. But the revenge can be priceless. :cool:

Make sure you leave a note signed by, "White Subaru" :lol:

Thanks for all the repsonses guys. I did in fact contact the canterbury pd and I called the Iga supermarket manager. The pd still said there was nothing they could do! The Iga manager said they do have outside security cams and he is going to go through the tapes to make sure they got it on video and get back to me.

If the PD says that I suggest that you should file a complaint regarding their behavior.

As for the insurance company - you can at least talk to them and describe the situation and that you have information about the guilty part and witnesses. Maybe they are interested to take the case to the other part.

And of course - contact a lawyer to check if you can make a case of it. Considering the witnesses it's possible. And the damage you have on your car isn't something you usually create yourself, so it could be hard for that woman to explain how it happened in any other way.

453747.png

Those cops are worthless. I suggest that you accidentally back into a police cruiser next time you see one parked unattended in a grocery store parking lot. :lol:

Hit and run is hit and run, even it happens on private property.

And you have witnesses.

You'd think the cops would at least visit the alleged perpetrator at home and look for damage to her car.

Those cops are totally f'in worthless.

Archived