LegacyGT.com

Battle wagon got hit last night....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I contacted a lawyer that my parents had used in the past. He said if push came to shove I could file a civil suit if I got together all the evidence (this is assuming the plate number is correct and I obtain the video footage.), if she wouldn't cooperate in a civil manner. I really don't know if I want to take something like this to court reguardless of how upset this whole thing has made me.

My buddy is a cop, I can have him look up her plates for you all I need is state I already have the tag number and I can get you an address.

State is Ct. I'd appreciate it if he could look it up but understand if he can't. I have a few friends of friends that are police officers, and a friend that works as a hartford pd police dispatcher.... They have all said they will lose thier job if they don't have a reason to do a plate check and perform one. But if you do happen to find anything out... please pm me. I'll send ya a case of beer or something!

I kinda thought they could run a plate and if anyone asked they could just say they were following a swerving driver and ran the plate for history....

This whole situation has given a huge headache, and has lowered my respect for ct police enforcement and ct law.

You should have called the police regardless. That it happened on a private property shouldn't have been any kind of excuse for not showing up. Otherwise you could get away with anything just because it's private property.

so it seems to me that anyone can get away with anything that occurs on private property. i've heard of this private property nonsense before too with local police... :mad:

i guess the only thing left is revenge. :lol:

Hit and run is hit and run, even it happens on private property.

"Hit and run" with only property damage is not actually charged as hit and run. The only thing that will happen is the OP's insurance company can contact the womans insurance company and get the money to fix the door.

The woman in the volvo could only be nailed with actual hit and run charges if there was bodily injury involved.

With evidence of the incident though, she can be held responsible for the damage to the car.

you still have witnesses... dont give up. it might take a little while, but go after her! sit down with the older couple and get them to give you a written statement while the event is still fresh in everyones minds. take that to your insurance company and give them everything that you have: witnesses names, written statement from witnesses, license plate number. If your insurance company is any good, they will persue it and you wont be nailed with the deductable.

so it seems to me that anyone can get away with anything that occurs on private property. i've heard of this private property nonsense before too with local police... :mad:

i guess the only thing left is revenge. :lol:

Just make sure it happens on private property! :lol:

453747.png

I bet it was the older couple that hit your car, then a woman drove past in a Volvo and laughed at them, so they took the plate number and blamed her, they saw the cameras were looking the wrong way so they were okay, as there were no other witnesses. :spin:

Hmmm, and the older couple were cashing in lotto tickets and paid off the manager to earase the tape..... It's all coming together now!

Had this exact thing happen, in November. The rear passenger door shell was pushed right in, but fortunately the hinges weren't tweaked, or the door frame. Just got the wagon out of the shop, $1,800 is what it took. No witnesses, no note, on private property, no PD interest. I do have the word out, we'll see if someone wants to turn in their buddy for the hit-and-run.

Sorry bout the car but as for the revenge part it suggest once you find the car to do little annoying things to her like leave nails under all her tires. Then the next night show up in an angry mood and deny anything she says about having 4 flats:), if she don't confess up or won't give you the money then the sledge comes out and you can figure out what to do with that!

Nails is excessive - just let out the air of the tires. That's annoying enough. Or just one tire and she will think that it's a flat and waste half a day to get that fixed.

Random annoyances are fine. A thin strip of a sticky material like one of the components of epoxy glue on the doorhandle can also be irritating.

Pouring fish soup or skunk smell in the air intake can prove interesting.

453747.png

Nails is excessive - just let out the air of the tires. That's annoying enough. Or just one tire and she will think that it's a flat and waste half a day to get that fixed.

Random annoyances are fine. A thin strip of a sticky material like one of the components of epoxy glue on the doorhandle can also be irritating.

Pouring fish soup or skunk smell in the air intake can prove interesting.

Sounds like someone's been planning this a while.....:lol:

True true i had to take my car into the shop this week cars cause my rear tire had a flat, me nor the mechanics could find where the leak was coming from and thought maybe a kid was playin a prank on me. Well 2 1/2 hrs later and after dismounting the tire twice we found if you twisted the valve stem in such a way that all the air would exit the tire. Now thats what I call an annoyance! That fish soup idea don't sound 1/2 bad, gotta try it to one of my friends :)

Ugh, things just keep getting better and better for me. So start the car up this morning, have a CEL and blinking cc... nice. Drive to the gas station around the corner to gas up... decided to take out my code scanner and and pull code p2009 (intake runner circuit low bank 1). Figured I'd let it prove itself out if it was just a stuck tgv, and drove to work. Low on power, started to get a little better on the way to work. Got to work and decided to clear the codes and restart to see if it were a hard fault. Codes didn't come back yet. I'll have to drive it after work and see if it comes back. I really hope not since I have so much crap going on lately. http://forum.ctsub.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well turns out the cel was a stuck tgv. Got better as she warmed up later in the day and I tapped the valves with a screwdriver handle. My ss is almost done, perhaps one more day of work then this if off to the body shop. I felt bad having her look so beat, so I took off the bugshield, buffed the hood, put her eyelids on and gave her a good washing. Lip will probably go on next week if the car isn't already at the b/s. Just a few pics off the ole bb

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/Dusty_B_leggygt/wagon3.jpg

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/Dusty_B_leggygt/wagon2.jpg

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq319/Dusty_B_leggygt/wagon1.jpg

Archived