LegacyGT.com

Got in a minor accident today, no visual damage tho...

So traffic stopped up some this morning and I was hit from behind. No visual damage other than the marks in the road grime on my car. Paint was still in tact.

I have the guy's insurance information and contact info, so Im not too concerned about that. Im more worried about what may have happened under the bumper.

A quick visual check and I didnt see anything bad, but you never know. So I take it to a shop and have them pull the bumper off and take a look?

OH NOES!!!!!!! You should take it in for a thorough inspection!! What if the styrofoam under the bumber is cracked or dented. :eek: Your car could be totalled!!! Make sure the shop looks under the front bumper too, like you said, you NEVER KNOW!!!! :spin:

...and, FIRST!!! :lol:

Guest heightsgtltd

How hard were you hit? If it was just a tap and no real marks you are prob. okay :lol:

That being said, sometimes there can be damage to the exhaust system that you can't see unless you go under and know what you are looking for. Does it run ok?

Dude, if there are no marks on the paint then NOTHING happened under the bumper.

The USDM beams & absorbers are beefy to meet 5 mph Canadian standard.

How hard were you hit? If it was just a tap and no real marks you are prob. okay :lol:

That being said, sometimes there can be damage to the exhaust system that you can't see unless you go under and know what you are looking for. Does it run ok?

When I was hit, I really thought my bumper was gonna be laying on the ground, and was pleasantly surprised when it wasnt. Thats why Im asking.

I found a shop that will do free estimates, so Im gonna try and go there tomorrow if I can get an appointment.

:spin:

Leave it dude! If there is no damage why would you want to do anything? Like to hit the guy's insurance? Sure his fault to hit you, but if you were in his shoes, you wouldn't have him claim super duper damage and pain and suffering via your insurance, would you?

If it were me, I'd clean the bumper off to make sure there's no damage to the paint or bumper skin. If there's none, just leave it. If there is, you need to decide if you want to go after the guy.

I was rear ended twice in my previous Legacy. Both times, the drivers were really nice and apologetic so I didn't pursue the matter even though their front license plate screws left marks on my car. I probably wouldn't be so forgiving with my current car though. Maybe after five or six years, but not right now.

:spin:

Leave it dude! If there is no damage why would you want to do anything? Like to hit the guy's insurance? Sure his fault to hit you, but if you were in his shoes, you wouldn't have him claim super duper damage and pain and suffering via your insurance, would you?

No, I would only put in a claim if there is damage. Im not gonna do that to him. Im just worried that there is something wrong under the bumper that I cant see.

How hard is it to get the rear bumper off?

EDIT: Sarcasm, again..

IMO This post sounds more patronising than LGT-NYs

Says another person who added nothing but sarcasm to the thread to begin with. :rolleyes:

What's patronizing about pointing out someone's huge post count directly after they post a less than informative sarcastic post which only confuses the OP as to what he really meant? And end it with... "and...First" My only point was that he shouldn't take LGT-NYs post seriously. Internet sarcasm fails most of the time.

When you post sarcastic responses...and "FIRST"s.. You really can't be surprised when someone calls you out for post "whoring" IMO.

******* people.

Dude, when you post a stupid thread, don't be surprised when you get stupid responses. You are the king of stupid threads. :lol:

Don't mind him.. See that post count? Now you know why. ;)

Bummer about the fender bender. Sounds like you got away clean though. :)

He's only averaging 15 posts a day. I could go post whore the boards and triple that average.

BTW, LGT-NY, love the profile pic :icon_bigg

Dude, when you post a stupid thread, don't be surprised when you get stupid responses. You are the king of stupid threads. :lol:

Yea, stupid thread. Asking if I should be concerned about damage to my car car. I dont know how this car holds up in minor accidents.

You dont have to be **** about it.

Yea, stupid thread. Asking if I should be concerned about damage to my car car. I dont know how this car holds up in minor accidents.

You dont have to be **** about it.

If a car couldn't hold up to a 5mph or slower accident, then it wouldn't be on the road. There is a reason why Chinese cars aren't over here, same with how you don't see some of the smaller car makers that are in Europe, here in the US.

Archived