LegacyGT.com

Engine Rebuild (Gulp)

:lol: He's not the type to wring-it-out, I'm talking speed-limit grocery-getter here. In terms of performance I'm sure the 4AT and subpar suspension/tires are bigger limiting factors than the 170hp H4.

2.5i has pretty much the same suspension and actually better stock tires (vs. GT non-SpecB).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smooth? 2.5i whines like slaughtered pig at high rpms...

Hey so one Im sure he didnt make this thread so LGT guys could come and talk trash. You must be under the impression he wanted to make this basic rebuild into a "hot rodding" project. Not every N/A guy wants an LGT or to take perfectly good 2.5i and mod it EXTENSIVELY to get a hacked up Subbie in the end. Im not saying that isnt a bad project I mean it would be pretty sweet but Frostbite wants to fix is broken car sure he could have tucked and ran when he first suspected a bad rod bearing and traded it but he didnt. He chose to rebuild his engine you dont see us N/a guys tell you LGT guys to build a twin turbo 3.0 R once you bake you motor after adding ridiculous mods. Point being at least you could give him some pointers or say hey nice intake paint job or nice block or I would do this to tweak it but dont hate ( you do have your own forum for that) :rolleyes::cool:

Exactly, what else can he do besides rebuild/replace the engine? Ditch it by selling it to some unsupecting buyer?

If I was in his position, there is no way I could sell this car without mentioning the engine problems. Kudos to frost for taking on the project. Like he says, he is not having to put much money into the rebuild. So even if the rebuild doesn't go as originally planned, buying a new shortblock is not going to set him back a whole lot.

I'm not trying to be a dick but i know he could have found a turbo block for around similar price, he already mentioned hes beefing up his clutch why not utilize something that will offer better results for the same price or similar price.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

I'm not trying to be a dick but i know he could have found a turbo block for around similar price, he already mentioned hes beefing up his clutch why not utilize something that will offer better results for the same price or similar price.

B/c maybe its not always about being forced induction OHK :lol: (not serious) Sure it would be neat and cool to swap in a 2.0 T of even a 05 LGT EJ255 but I think frost just wants his 2.5i back and running I mena he has to utiliza that custom exhaust... right :rolleyes:

Yeah, you guys act like putting in a 2.5 Turbo in there would be easy, no problem!

Theres a little more that goes into it than just dropping a turbo engine in there. This way is the most economical, and I can at least moderately improve in some areas while doing it. Please don't hate.

I think it came out nice and clean, those pistons were lookin dirrty before.

Archived