LegacyGT.com

Traded the 05 LGT in for...

This!!

So far I absolutlely LOVE it. I also drove a <gulp> Pontiac :lol: G8 GT, but in the end I wanted something a little more useful and better on gas than a 6-liter v8.

FWD and turbo power was another factor since i live in CO.

My favorite feature is the DSG dual clutch transmission...it literally makes me giddy to rip through the gears. Reminds me of my crotch-rocket (though slower- obviously)

There are a few things I miss of course, but overall but it pretty much kicks ass. It's a bit slower my stg 1 Leggy and doesn't handle quite as well as my coilover setup did- but as a daily driver, it is a near perfect balance of ride and handling.

If only it was AWD tho!- I keep spinning the fronts when I step on it. Motor trend rated it as the #1 sport compact in the $25k range, and put it at 6 secs flat to 60.

Today was my first day with it in the snow and I have to say i was really impressed! It's definitely NOT the subaru, but the VDC skid control is world's better than having none.

This is my 3rd turbo VW and while I have NOT had good luck with mine in the past as the mileage crept up, this one is leased and will be fully covered by VW until I trade it in. :p

IMG_1467.thumb.jpg.e648bd078b43774f2d350b58dae433a4.jpg

IMG_1468.thumb.JPG.5aeef422ddc1748306f7d06044c11fc5.JPG

Copy_of_IMG_1477.thumb.jpg.eb47c2e1bfb63e7f70ba94c04eae764b.jpg

IMG_1472.thumb.jpg.39e5b4e533b003fd001638680563c3eb.jpg

Yeah,

You had bad luck in the past and then u bought another one?

I decided after owning at least 10 VW's with the last one being a Passat V6 4-Motion that I was done with VW's.

I got really sick of the rude service depts, and when something failed it was always a hassle to get them to cover anything.

You may have better luck with this engine as your previous T-VW's were probably the 1.8T's. I havent heard anything bout the 2.0's that are that bad.

But yeah man, you gots to drive an R32 that car really is a nice car. Seen quite a few for sale round here. But I guess you learned something from having 2 other Bad VW's! Always Lease em!

But that G8 is wicked fast!, drove a Challenger SRT8 that was way fast as well. Still want to test drive a New Vette Z07 but I doubt I will be able to this year!

Good luck with the VW.

Well good luck with that. Although 6 sec. flat seems too fast for an auto. It is an auto right?

It's a manual transmission with an "automatic" mode- it has no torque converter.

It has 2 clutcthes that are operated by computer, so basically one clutch handles gears 1, 3 and 5 and the other handles gears 2, 4, and 6. So if you are pulling through 3rd gear (accelerating) the other clutch has 4th gear already pre-selected for when it's time to shift. It shifts REALLY fast when you want it to...at the same time there is NO clutch pedal. So you can put it in D and just drive it like an automatic if you want to.

Here are the M/T stats and performance numbers:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sports/112_0903_sport_compact_car_comparison/cobalt_speed3_wrx_gti_specs.html

Here is a great video of the dsg vs manual GTI!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmMNRQ1GJ3o&feature=related]YouTube - DSG vs 6spd manual[/ame]

The GTI was another car that impressed me at the car show. I really like the new Passat CC and want to drive the DSG 4motion model.

I've always kept away from VW/Audi because of the eletric gremlins. A co-worker had a Passat, and it burned to the ground on a road trip. Fire started in the the glove box while the car was on the highway. The guy still considered buying another Passat!

The GTI was another car that impressed me at the car show. I really like the new Passat CC and want to drive the DSG 4motion model.

I've always kept away from VW/Audi because of the eletric gremlins. A co-worker had a Passat, and it burned to the ground on a road trip. Fire started in the the glove box while the car was on the highway. The guy still considered buying another Passat!

:lol: Too funny- only because my last VW's (Passat 1.8T) ignition switch caught on fire while I was driving! I looked down at the steering column and saw smoke!!:eek:

I replaced the ignition switch and traded it that week for the LGT:p

This GTI is a lease so I plan on trading it back in once the lease is up. I wanted to wait for the mkVI (2010) GTI but I'm too impatient...lol

LOl!,

I figured you had problems with that 1.8T!. When u trade it in look at the R32's I think you will be impressed!. I was looking at their new small SUV the other day for my wife's company car the build quailty seemed good, but something kept saying in the back of my mind go back to Honda for her!.

Went and got her a Ridgeline RTL lease for a few years. I really liked the FJ, but alot of owners I talked with said it wasen't good on the freeway. But Great engine bombproof 4.0 liter!.

But yeah man,

Have fun with the VDUB!

I think those cars are too small, but I did ride with a friend in a GLI rabbit when he was looking at cars.. it was pretty quick.

nothing pulls like AWD tho. The tires would break loose before it would pull as hard as my car.

I disagree with your decision but it could have been worse! :lol:

enjoy the ride.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived