LegacyGT.com

New ford taurus

what the hell is wrong with ford that they keep putting cup holders beside the shifter? This is A HORRIBLE DESIGN!

The front grilll is OM NOM NOMing the ford emblem, the trunk and rearend is straight out of chryslers used up playbook of ugly rears, and the interior looks like something that the people of the 80s thought cars in the 2010s would look like.

the car looks ok from the side tho.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/media/580x348/ef/ef1a5a6ad6ae4828963fb47ea8e049cc.jpg

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/media/580x348/6b/6b7cbce1acb44c7f97ea42dff07df64e.jpg

Yuck. :(

It kinda looks like they are taking some pages from toyota and lexus book but trying to make it look like they arent. I also hope they arent planning to make the 350hp/350trq version FWD, its gonna be bad lol. Taurus drivers are bad enough with 240hp much less 350

Wow, the exterior looks awesome! Interior most likely is filled with hard plastic, hopefully not.

I like

The interior is actually pretty nice. The Taurus is basically the Lincoln MKS IIRC.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/01/023_00taurus2010ab.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/01/14_2010taurus.jpg

better camera angles cleared that up a bit.

I'm stil not digging it tho.

and the cup holder on the side of the shifter should be a crime punishable by deportation.. from the planet... Who the hell does that? I mean really imagine having your coffee in teh cup holder beside the shifter, picking it up and bumping the top of the shifter with it.. great.. now its all over your leg and the console.

fail fail FAIL!

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I think Ford is going to make it. The Fusion Hybrid beat out Camry and Altima hybrid, the Escape hybrid is rated very good also. Looks like the Taurus isn't your grandfathers car anymore (bout time!). Fords hat-trick is being hooked up with Mazda.

I like the interior lighting!

Nice design, but too blue.

Blue light screws with your eyes at night, and causes fatigue. Same reason that blue tinted headlights are pointless. Poor color definition, and physiological disruption of low-light vision.

I much prefer a warmer white and red combo.

I think Ford is going to make it. The Fusion Hybrid beat out Camry and Altima hybrid, the Escape hybrid is rated very good also. Looks like the Taurus isn't your grandfathers car anymore (bout time!). Fords hat-trick is being hooked up with Mazda.

Well they have really gotten their act together. Pair good looking cars with well engineered technology and you have a successful business. I like this Taurus, now if only it was still called the 500.

350hp and 350lb-ft through the front wheels. Yeah, that'll accelerate like a rocket, right into the nearest ditch.

I'm sure that's just bad writing in the article and this version will be AWD. Otherwise it would oust the Aurion as the most powerful production FWD vehicle ever.

Yeah but ford is gonna have mazda AWD and mazda knows how to take something awesome and just ruin the crap outta it by dropping engine in horizontally and adding a transfer case to the mix and blah blah blah. FWD bias. Thats why i bought a subaru over other AWD cars. Cause subaru just does it right plain and simple and its all there for other car companies to copy but they need to make there own design and give it there own name and be different. Cause thats what people want different, people will take different over a good solid design that works and has been proven to work better.

The Ecoboost model will be AWD(older Haldex like AWD)....

However, the base FWD curb weight is 36XX lbs. Expect the Ecoboost version to weigh 3800-4000 lbs.

The ecoboost V6 should be and interesting engine in the Mustang....

The Ecoboost model will be AWD....

However, the base FWD curb weight is 36XX lbs. Expect the Ecoboost version to weigh 3800-4000 lbs.

The ecoboost V6 should be and interesting engine in the Mustang....

I suppose lol, they should just come out with a 4.6liter supercharged engine. Oh wait they already had that and it made 420hp and over 400trq and could make 900hp with just a new supercharger and bolt ons. They shouldnt have scraped that design.

......and the cup holder on the side of the shifter should be a crime punishable by deportation.. from the planet... Who the hell does that? I mean really imagine having your coffee in teh cup holder beside the shifter, picking it up and bumping the top of the shifter with it.. great.. now its all over your leg and the console.

fail fail FAIL!

I agree to a point but I absolutely hate the legacy cup holders too! I can not put any normal-sized drink there and not make it a PITA to shift :mad:

I need a saabish cupholder for those around town jaunts where I am shifting all the time and want to bring a water bottle along.

350hp and 350lb-ft through the front wheels. Yeah, that'll accelerate like a rocket, right into the nearest ditch.

:lol:

About darn right.

Either that or the steering wheel will rip your arms off, and slap you across the face with them.

I suppose that is why they offer faux-wheel-drive, and call that a solution.

And why again is Subaru not wanting to offer a twin-turbo H6 with REAL AWD?

:lol:

About darn right.

Either that or the steering wheel will rip your arms off, and slap you across the face with them.

I suppose that is why they offer faux-wheel-drive, and call that a solution.

And why again is Subaru not wanting to offer a twin-turbo H6 with REAL AWD?

I am thinking that your prediction will happen at the same time the car rockets into the aforementioned ditch.

To solve the problem Ford will invent a torque limiting steering column that will snap like a torque wrench once a pre-set "safe" level of wheel torque is reached. Of course the setting will be low to account for older 80+ year old female drivers, so don't try any emergency lane changes!

I agree to a point but I absolutely hate the legacy cup holders too! I can not put any normal-sized drink there and not make it a PITA to shift :mad:

I need a saabish cupholder for those around town jaunts where I am shifting all the time and want to bring a water bottle along.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has that problem.. and I have an A/T!

I like to use manumatic.. a lot.. I'm probably about to wear out the swtiches. :lol:

I test drove an F-150 back in like.. 03.. and it had the whole floor shifter thing. I had a drink with me on the test drive (bold for the dealer to let me do.) and I kept hitting th shifter with it. I hated it after only a few hundred feet.

Archived