LegacyGT.com

Some vf52 logs

05Boost

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
05Boost,

Your waste gate duty cycles are all off, you need to set them at a 10 point span between the high and lows. Plus you need to limit the max range of the duty cycles since you are still overboosting. Keep you turbo dynamics close to 0 if you are monitoring it.

You should also log your A/F ratio's, I bet your running lean and creating knock due to high boost and not enough fuel.

I know what you are saying, but it sounds like you are just regurgitating COBB's papers.

The above will work, but it is better to understand what the td tables do, then they can be tuned for better.

I found them to be somewhat helpful to follow some of the Cobb suggested tips. I just got done tuning in my AVO WG on the stock VF-40 and it night and day versus using the stock ST2 maps. It was impossible to pre-load the WG properly without modifying the tables. I based some of my tuning around those tips and now I have great spool, properly target boost levels, and consistency with safe operating ranges.

I found them to be somewhat helpful to follow some of the Cobb suggested tips. I just got done tuning in my AVO WG on the stock VF-40 and it night and day versus using the stock ST2 maps. It was impossible to pre-load the WG properly without modifying the tables. I based some of my tuning around those tips and now I have great spool, properly target boost levels, and consistency with safe operating ranges.

Sounds great. Now if you want to learn more, go to Romarider and learn about the td tables.

I agree, I still have lots to learn and need to dig into the turbo dynamics tables more and only know you should keep it close to 0 around target levels.

I do know I wouldn't feel safe running his current settings with a VF-52.

I just got done tuning in my AVO WG on the stock VF-40 and it night and day versus using the stock ST2 maps. It was impossible to pre-load the WG properly without modifying the tables.

I am thinking about upgrading the WG on my stock VF- 40, was it a worthwhile mod? I am still on fence about this upgrade on a stock turbo.

I am thinking about upgrading the WG on my stock VF- 40, was it a worthwhile mod? I am still on fence about this upgrade on a stock turbo.

If you have the money, sure its a good upgrade. I don't care much for springs attached to wg arms and such. I'll spend a little cash to make sure it always works as intended on my ride.

It holds boost in high rpms, it's more consistent in keeping the desired boost levels and doesn't fluctuate like the stock setup. I had to run 90% WGD to get close to the boost levels I wanted with the stock setup and still dropping to 10psi at redline. Now I can achieve the boost levels at 20% WGD and hold 13psi at redline which is the limit of the turbo with the avo wastegate actuator.

PS. Don't get it unless you can tweak the WGD maps IMHO since I don't care much for MBC in assisting in pre-loading the actuator properly.

a run through the gears is pretty worthless imo

boost seems a tad high as ppl said, but i also need to see your wdc and injector duty cycle...knock correction seems okay

Taken one more log tomorrow since i switched back to stock muffler then infamous is going to give me a good e-tune.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived