LegacyGT.com

anyone test drive or own an infiniti FX?

I've rented an FX35 (v6) before. Good highway ride, stiffer suspension than you'd imagine, great tire size for a stock tire.

It was decent & all, but knowing I could buy a 4Runner Sport v8 for the same cash, I'd go with the bigger, equally quick, and true offroad-able 4Runner.

I'd imagine that the FX45 (v8) would be a great choice when compared to the underpowered Lexus mini-ute.

It was between the FX35 and the LGT when I was car shopping. The FX35 was a very nice driving SUV. Decent power, incredible handling for a vehicle of its type. A decidedly firm ride with the optional sports suspension/20" wheels. Definately places an emphasis on the "Sport" part of SUV, largely at the expense of the "Utility" part... there is not a lot of room in the back.

The interior was decent, but nothing to write home about. In the end, since I wasn't getting much more space in the equation, and it was almost $10K more money than the LGT, it just wasn't worth it. Still like the FX, but I'm happy with my choice.

i did consider the fx35 (good styling IMO and decent power, also people like its handling), but decided it's not for me because (1) the only two infiniti dealers in CO are far far away from me (2 hours drive just for services? no, thanks.), (2) i have heard enough complaints of the engine shutting itself off on the G and FX to make me worried, (3) infiniti usa seems to have poor customer services from what I read (used to visit a few infiniti boards daily). anyway, me think the fx series itself is pretty nice indeed.

This Space For Rent

I considered it but the only thing is got me was a higher payment and more ground clearance. I really like the look and wanted something that handled really well. If I was set on an SUV, I would have gone for it. It's about as functional as my buddy's X5. Kind of weird niche for SUV's though. I sometimes wonder if the OB-XT wouldn't have been a better choice for me, but that's an OT discussion. ;)

yea... i live in richmond hill ON and i've got an FX35. i also got the tech pack and it is a sweet ride. what i like the most is the rear view camera. a nice interior, comparable to even the higher end european brands. and the sound system is totally amazing, the best i've seen in a 60k car.

performance wise, its got the most power and is the fastest for that price. i'm totally satisfied.

I detailed one last week. It was a nice car. It wasn't impressive like a Porsche or anything, but it was nice. I'm just not a fan of that style. It still looks too much like a Murano for my taste.

http://tinypic.com/1t4hzt

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived