LegacyGT.com

AME Tracer FS-01

arkadyzv

damn that sux

Yeah, but, shit happens. I'm gonna file for unemployment but the tough decision is gonna be do I try and hold out and wait for business to ramp up or find another job? I absolutely love my job and giving it up is the last thing I want to do. Even worse is my boss and his boss both love me along with all of the techs! I was reassured I would be able to come back when and if work picks up. The question is when will that be?:redface::confused:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:(

wheels will still be there getting stuff back on track is more important.

wait for unemployment to run out. get a job if they havent hired you back.

then if they want you back leave the new job and go back.

EZ !

car for sale. PM me!

:(

wheels will still be there getting stuff back on track is more important.

wait for unemployment to run out. get a job if they havent hired you back.

then if they want you back leave the new job and go back.

EZ !

That's pretty much the plan. At the same time, I don't want to feel like a deadbeat collecting unemployment and not even searching for a job. There's a Toyota dealer hiring for my position, albeit, about 45mins away. Like you said, I could always jump ship there and go back to the old gig.:spin:

Dude, i wouldnt wait around on the hopes that your company will offer to re-hire you. That is just ridiculous. It sounds rather callus, but thats MY money you'd be collecting, and I don't take kindly to people taking my money just because they didn't want to find an interim job. Don't be that guy, don't be part of the problem.

Dude, i wouldnt wait around on the hopes that your company will offer to re-hire you. That is just ridiculous. It sounds rather callus, but thats MY money you'd be collecting, and I don't take kindly to people taking my money just because they didn't want to find an interim job. Don't be that guy, don't be part of the problem.

Did you miss the part where I said I don't want to be a deadbeat without a job? Because it sure as hell seems that way. If you knew how well I got along with every single person there from the detailers to the techs to the management, I'm 100% confident I could go back. My boss was more pissed that I had to go than I was because I replaced a true dickwad.

damn i didn't even know these wheels existed, but they look amazing !

i think i might really consider these

edit: other than hyper silver and bronze does this wheel come in any other colors? also what other sizes, so far i've seen 17x7, 17x8, 18x8 ....any others?

it comes in a color called Sapphire Black as well, which looks hot, but not for 5x100 fitment

more specs here:

http://www.ame-wheels.com

Originally you could get all the finishes (Hypersilver, Sapphire Black and Bronze) in all the bolt patterns and a lot of different sizes as well. Though, IMO with the sapphire black, you lose a lot of the wheels definition and it doesn't look as good.

Anyway, it looks like you are right:

http://www.ame-wheels.com/applicationguide/sheet001.htm

Which sucks. Looks like they aren't even offering 17x8.5 in 5x100 (which definitely was available to me when I ordered them).

Really? I dont get why on there spec chart it's not available. Much like Enkei doesnt offer Hyper Black or SBC for 5x100 fitment. No dark colored love for the Subies

Yeah, I edited my original post with a few more details.

Anyway, I ordered mine on the original public manufacture/shipment. At that time, they still didn't know what would be popular and what wouldn't, but they let you pick and choose.

I remember them asking me, 17x8 or 17x8.5 (which doesn't even look like a valid choice anymore) and what color I wanted.

Yeah, I edited my original post with a few more details.

Anyway, I ordered mine on the original public manufacture/shipment. At that time, they still didn't know what would be popular and what wouldn't, but they let you pick and choose.

I remember them asking me, 17x8 or 17x8.5 (which doesn't even look like a valid choice anymore) and what color I wanted.

You have Hypersilver on the red LGT right? because on some old threads on NASIOC i think there were some special limited edition finishes on the very 1st run.

Did you miss the part where I said I don't want to be a deadbeat without a job? Because it sure as hell seems that way. If you knew how well I got along with every single person there from the detailers to the techs to the management, I'm 100% confident I could go back. My boss was more pissed that I had to go than I was because I replaced a true dickwad.

I don't doubt that you don't WANT to be a deadbeat with no job, but you just said that you plan to collect unemployment until you go back. I don't care how confident you are that they like you. They fired you because you were not financially viable, so clearly their decision was based solely on money. If I were a betting man, I'd say that their financial situation will not improve in the short term. In the meantime, don't sit on your butt and be a drain on the system. Find another job, even if it's something stupid, and do that until your company can afford to get you back.

This thread is half and half. Half about the OP's wheel request. The other is me ranting about being unemployed. So, I figure I'll give an update. I found a voicemail on my phone from Fred Beans today after filling out an online application so I not be unemployed for much longer. Here's hoping.

yay mine will be here in 5 more days.

Now to find a good summer tire, and figure out what size to run on the 18x8. Im on stock LGT shocks w/ Stechs. I was pretty set on 235/40/18, until i started looking through threads, and saw someone with bilstiens a 1" drop and he was rubbing in the back. My stechs are 1.5" drop so Im guessing my fenders will be sitting on the tires :(

Lol at the thread, bolksey85 hopefully you get back on your feet. Thanks to everyone who posted pics. I went in another direction, polished Advan's due in 3 months.

Thanks, dude. I've got an interview Monday morning so if I'm lucky, I may be unemployed for no more than a week or 2 at the most. Here's hoping. Granted, the interview is with a Ford dealer and even though working for any of the Big 3 might seem like a death wish right now, I'll take what I can get.:lol:

Well, I figure it's time for an update. I had my first interview for the Napa job on Monday and it went well. I have my 2nd interview with them Tuesday morning. On Monday, I have an interview with a VW dealer. I'm sort of in a bind. I'd rather have the dealership job but it's more of a drive. About 20 miles compared to 8-9. On the other hand, the closer place is just that, a lot closer. But it's also a retail job.:nono:On the bright side with the retail job, it would be working for the same company that KoP operates from which might mean employee discount.;)

• 2 weeks later...

bbc84 what did you get quoted for these from speed element?

i wonder where else i can get these from.

what do you guys think of the prodrive GT1s on the legacy? i'm not certain it would look all that good, especially since i have BSM; i think it's a good looking wheel in darker colors though. but i'd probabyl go with "bright flitter" (silver) or the matte anthracite

Archived