LegacyGT.com

AME Tracer FS-01

arkadyzv

bbc84 what did you get quoted for these from speed element?

i wonder where else i can get these from.

what do you guys think of the prodrive GT1s on the legacy? i'm not certain it would look all that good, especially since i have BSM; i think it's a good looking wheel in darker colors though. but i'd probabyl go with "bright flitter" (silver) or the matte anthracite

I didnt get them from speed element, i got them from driveline for ~1300 they had some blowout sale a couple weeks ago and I think I ordered tehm on the last day of their sale.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question on these wheels, I am a little confused.

On Vividracing they are about $360 a wheel.

However, on tiretack, they have an Enkei G5 wheel that looks almost the same (minus the black highlight) as the FS-01 for $160/wheel.

Are AME and Enkei the same company, just different quality? Are these the same wheels, if not, what is the difference between the two?

• 1 month later...

bump from the past, but thanks to this thread I got my new rims.

I just put on my new wheels tonight :) car is still dirty though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Bbc84/Legacy%20GT/P1070691.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Bbc84/Legacy%20GT/P1070687.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Bbc84/Legacy%20GT/P1070686.jpg

bbc84, those wheels look awesome on your car!

18x8 right? what size tires are you running and did you have any rubbing issues with the s-techs?

18x8 with 225/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE01R

So far i still hear a rub when I go down my driveway and over the curb, but even on the stock 17s i rub when going down the driveway over the curb. but seems like I shouldnt have clearance issues if i dont hit any big bumps and probably make the back seat off limits to people.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are mine, after 5 hours of interior cleaning, washing, and 3 coats of Zaino wax :)

The paint is starting to flake off the wheels a little bit, and AME won't do anything about it. I'm thinking of getting them powder coated next winter...

1728871140_car1.thumb.jpg.146c1ee0fedae8af805face52b881ccf.jpg

743646578_car2.thumb.jpg.8b7028caf65d255ccdcdd15222ea4d12.jpg

^^ yeah and not only that, 2 of the center caps are faded really really bad. And I only use these for summer wheels, they never see salt or anything. I would NOT recommend paying 1600 bucks for these wheels.

Here are mine, after 5 hours of interior cleaning, washing, and 3 coats of Zaino wax :)

The paint is starting to flake off the wheels a little bit, and AME won't do anything about it. I'm thinking of getting them powder coated next winter...

how long have you had the rims to see the paint flaking?

Archived